The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

34 posts Page 1 of 3
In my case because my boobs have got BIGGER!

Yes its true, 30lb weight lost, the bra back band is a bit more comfortable, but only enough to tighten up the strap one set of hooks, which could have happened anyway due to wearing and stretching. But the cup size has now gone up to an F.

Hubby would like you all to know that he is delighted.

I did manage to find a bra in M&S to fit, but as usual, its a choice of white, black or cream Blah!. Wheres the lilac, the pretty blues and whites stripes, the racy red. Noooo! us women with enough boobs to REALLY flaunt it have to make do with boring old Blah! Its the same every year, they bring out the new lines, you think WOW! then look at the sizing, and you aren't there. You go and look at what you are offered and its black, white, cream and occasionally beige in the new style..... a different bit of flipping lace!

Sorry, its a bit bugbear of mine that womens' high street shops think that because you are big you have to wear your grandmothers bra's. I can get my size, by going online to shops such as Bravissimo, but even there the prettiest choices stop at 38 DD or such like. They don't go all the way up to 'OMG' sizes. If any of you are buyers for womens' stores can you please get someone, anyone to up their ranges to include larger ladies. Rant over.
The Fantasie bras have always been my friends... Lots of different styles, colours, and sizes, all the way up to a J cup for the super-endowed. :)
Go to the Bravissimo stores, I'm a H cup (down from HH) and they had lots of styles for me to try on that weren't black/white/beige! Am being a cheapskate though, only bought 1 and will go back when I've lost some more weight - have already threatened hubby that underwear shopping is going to cost him a fortune :wink:
Chickvic I'm sure hubby won't mind at all when it arrives for try on time :razz:
Hi Julie Yours clothing have some really nice bras that go up to''F'' cup
But beware of p+p charges :confused:
Also they sell on eBay under same name & the p+p is half the price
Understand you won't want to spend to much just yet so maybe worth a look :heart: happy shopping & can't believe you've got bigger :clover: Sue
I've been contemplating this, but don't want boring white. Shall google! Thanks for the heads up!
The problem with either of those two shops is that they don't go big enough in the back. Fantasie has two bar's that go up to 44 but only up to E cup. Bravissiomo don't go any higher than a 40 back. I'm a 44F and have been this big or bigger since I was in my 30's (I'm now 50). I begrudge paying £30+ for a boring blah bra, when I KNOW these companies can make big bra's, they just exclude a big portion of their customer base. I didn't like parting with £15 in M&S for the only underwired bra that fit me in the whole range they do. But it was better than the same blah for £30+.

*Sue* I think I was probably a 48inch back, but just didn't want to face the truth. So as my back has shrunk, the boobs have got proportionally bigger.
Have you measured your back recently? The mumsnet style and beauty forums have great bra gurus who can talk you through self-measurement as M&S still do the "add 4cm" thing to the band and it can narrow down the available choices. M&S measured me at a 38DD when I was a 34HH at Bravissimo (at a BMI of nearly 40), now 32FF thanks to 5:2.
I did the whole Bravissimo measuring thing, and used a tape measure (44inches smack on) checked their video's, then went to M&S and found the M&S fitters were way off the mark, again. So I had a wander, found a few bra's that the Bravissimo sizing guide showed me I could be and went from there. So I now have a bra that is snug at the back. Doesn't ride up and the wires sit comfortably on my chest. If I EVER get to a town that has a decent fitters I am in there like a shot.
Oh my! Look what I have found on ebay, and look at those colours. It may be a wait for delivery from Australia, but oh boy, I am going to have a field day.

http://stores.ebay.com.au/Plus-Size-Bras and its in Aussie dollars so its about half price AND free postage. I think I've died and gone to heaven.
Hi Julie have you checked yours clothing as they have your size in 20 bras :like: and as I said eBay@yours is cheaper if its in your size :heart:
Sue :clover:
Have you tried Leia? They are online, or shops - there is one at Bluewater I like :)
Right then Sue, if I ever do meet you, I am giving you a big hug and kiss. I am now set up for future weight loss.

I guess I now just have to slide out of skinflint mode and pay out for pretty or sexy bras for a chaange. Its a 20+ year habit, nearly as hard to break as the eating habit.

Oh wait a minute.... I can feel the habit breaking now.... HUBBY! SEXY UNDIES IN MY SIZE!... There, that's me sorted.
Julieathome.....now I find it hard to believe the title of this thread.....you........throwing out old bras??.........what about your crafty corner...... Surely not........what about buying some sexy undies then making...oh hanging baskets, children's bonnets, bags out of the old ones? :)
Slingshots. I have a friend who is into medieval re-enactments. They use them for slingshots.
34 posts Page 1 of 3