The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

34 posts Page 2 of 3
I have also had enquiries as to their usage as ear muffs for Polar explorers.
Supports for growing melons! Face mask,Maybe donate them to the local football club as ball holders......... The list is endless!
Talking of melons.... I have a photo of me holding up two cantaloupe melons fitting in my bra cups, perfectly.

If I ever emigrate to warmer climes where the growing on melons is easy outside of greenhouse. I will ask on here for donations of large cupped bra's to keep the melons from touching the ground and getting attacked by slugs.
Tee hee maybe you should send them to Oz for orphaned joeys to cwtch up in.....ahhhhh.

There is a photo of me and a friend wearing another friends bra as a hat, each cup fitted our heads perfectly, we even got it done up under our chins! Looked like them old style swimming hats. :0
I have a picture of me under ginormous knockers!
Hammocks for hedgehogs or hamsters? Or ready made nests for birds?
Actually, I don't mind the lack of exciting bras in the bigger sizes. I want to wait until I reach a size that will stick before I spend too much. I guess practicality wins over fashion in my mind. I have replaced bras twice already and I'm inching toward the third time now. Be nice if we could pick where the weight would come off...would like to see more progress in the middle, tyvm.
Don't forget that a cup doesn't tell you how BIG a breast is independent of band size.

Roughly, for each band size you go down the cup size would have to go up one letter if the breast size didn't change. So, a 36C=34D, or a 44F=42FF in that the cup part would be identical between the two bras.

That can really make a challenge if you are already at the higher end of the bra alphabet since a proper fit really requires a correct measure of your band size, and most women don't have a proper fit to begin with (especially if they are buxom). Then, to make it worse, if you lose weight faster in your band than in your breast (those who are busty when thin are more likely to have breast made of more glandular tissue and less fat) you can indeed find yourself moving down in your band size and up in your cup size, just because your breast is staying the same size, though as you put it -- proportionally seem bigger. ;)
Here is how to measure for your correct bra size. it works!

For Bra Band Measurement:
Measure under the breast snug while exhaling (the tape measure is around your body)
add 2 inches for even numbers and 3 inches for odd numbers (e.g. 35+3=38

For Cup Size:
put a bra on and measure all around your body at the apex e.g.at your nipples.
The difference between your bra band measurement and your apex measurement is your cup size
1 inch = A
2 inches = B
3 inches = C
4 inches = D
5 inches = DD
6 inches = E

Hope that helps, it did me I was buying a cup too large and band too small all the time being fitted, grrrr. Of course those e xpensive bras don't fit me any more
Ballerina wrote: I thought this was a thread about bras....doh! :oops:

Ballerina x :heart:

I went bra shopping yesterday and so thought the same thing! :oops: :grin:
So I've moved the posts about bras to an existing thread on bra fitting (I'm a spoilsport I know!)
But now you've mentioned bras, explain this: pre 5:2 I was in a 38E, yesterday I ended up in a 34G???! Back when I was this weight before I was about 36D... What's going on?
I've just invested in some new bras and am in an E cup for the first time in my life. I think back in the day the larger cup sizes were not so available so we had to go up in band size to compensate. I also wonder if cup sizes ( ie breast sizes)could be going up because we are exposed to more female hormones in the drinking water since the pill became more ubiquitous. I am sure girls were not nearly so busty when I was young - it was the era of Twiggy after all
I don't want OH to find out about these E, F, and G cups--he'll think he got cheated! :lol:

I was amused living in Canada some 20 years ago to discover that in the produce dept. of supermarkets they were dutifully using both metric and US measurements; but whichever one made the item seem less expensive was in much bigger type :razz:
I too thought this thread was about bras - but I do like how it can switch from cookery to lingerie - now that's versatility! :-)
loversghost wrote: I too thought this thread was about bras - but I do like how it can switch from cookery to lingerie - now that's versatility! :-)

This forum is just as flexible as our chosen WoE! :wink:
34 posts Page 2 of 3