The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

25 posts Page 2 of 2

Would you like the forum to have an official weigh day?

Yes, once a month
58%
Yes, every two weeks
26%
Yes, some other time period
3%
No thanks
13%
Total votes : 113

Re: Official forum weigh day?
17 Feb 2013, 20:33
I like this idea very much as I really want to keep track of my progress (and I think more data will benefit people thinking about starting) but have been scared to weigh lately in case I don't see the results I hope for! I think this would force me to be brave and hop on the scales.
18 Feb 2013, 08:02
I voted no before reading the posts.....sorry about that lol. I can see that it would help some people so yes it's a good idea as I myself am only getting on the scales once a month and that has to be a workday as I don't have any at home.
18 Feb 2013, 09:06
Bee, you can change your vote if you want!
18 Feb 2013, 14:07
I am very new to this, but with my past track record, I lose very slowly. Therefore I think a monthly official weigh on would be good for me, though I know I won't be able to keep off the scales for the rest of the time!
X
20 Feb 2013, 09:46
Done...thanks Carorees x
20 Feb 2013, 11:36
I think it's a brilliant idea.
I've only just joined this forum but it appears to have all the support from groups like weight watchers, except it's available 24/7 as opposed to a once a week meeting. Not to mention the fact that it's hardly a diet when compared to others. I suspect there would be a lot more weights declining than the typical up a pound down a pound that I personally experienced with W.W for years.
20 Feb 2013, 12:10
Brilliant idea - have voted for fortnightly. Look forward to it already :)
20 Feb 2013, 14:53
Agree absolutely with Emerald17. Better than Slimming World too where I lost an regained nearly all of my weight.
20 Feb 2013, 20:44
Initially I voted for 2 weeks, as I weigh myself weekly. But reading through the thread, i've changed my vote to monthly for the purposes of gathering data lol.

It forces people to set realistic expectations when attempting this WOE. Because I know it can be a bit disheartening to see gains and losses within a small time frame, and so a month is a perfect range!
23 Feb 2013, 13:21
Hi all,
This is my first day and I intend to start on Monday 25/2/13 after I have read all the info involved. I like the idea of posting my weight every month as this would keep me focused!
25 posts Page 2 of 2