The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

28 posts Page 1 of 2
What are you aiming for?
15 Feb 2013, 23:32
OK so we all want to lose weight and improve our health but is there something else you really want.

I want people to stop asking me when the baby is due......apple shaped!!!

I want to look good in a pair of cheap skinny jeans.

I want my husband to pinch my bum they way he used to when we were first going out with each other. ;)
Re: What are you aiming for?
16 Feb 2013, 00:56
hi Im new to this forum. Have been doing 5:2 for 3 weeks only and reading everything I can.. Cant get enough of hearing about everybodys amazing progress which is inspiring and motivational. . im aiming for a stone off inititially which i think is realistic
16 Feb 2013, 01:14
To get rid of my belly and muffin top, to have more energy, and to feel good.
The last 2 I have already achieved, the first 2 are a work in progress.
My other aim is of course to stay as healthy as possible for as long as possible.
16 Feb 2013, 09:15
To get my cholesterol down from 6.7, to get my BP tablets reduced and to wear size 12 again. I think I was at school 40 years ago when that last happened.
Size 18 on 5ft 2" is not a good look. Oh, and of course, bags and bags of energy. I've become too much of a couch potato in mid life.
16 Feb 2013, 11:57
To have hip bones & cheek bones!
16 Feb 2013, 12:12
To go snorkelling with manta rays in Hawaii in July and not get mistaken for a small whale!! Ok, slight exaggeration, but to get in the water and not feel self conscious.
16 Feb 2013, 12:43
I'm writing a list of targets for each half stone lost :)

I've always wanted to go gliding here http://www.bggc.co.uk/ but "...there is a strict weight limit of 16 stone...". :(

Debs: I also love the idea of Snorkelling with Manta rays in Hawaii.... (still got my PADI card somewhere)...
16 Feb 2013, 13:53
To get my blood pressure down and to get rid of the muffin top!
16 Feb 2013, 16:42
Mainly, to reduce my cholesterol, but it may be difficult as it's familial.
I would also like a waist measurement of less than 31inches, which would put me in the "healthy" range for my height.
To wear fitted clothes, instead of my normal shapeless, baggy, elasticated waist, frumpy... I could go on, but I'm sure you get the picture!
Pat
16 Feb 2013, 18:20
Mainly to feel fit and healthy, losing the belly will be an added bonus
16 Feb 2013, 18:31
Where to begin? I really want to stave off the ills of middle then old age as far as possible. I already have lots of back problems so losing weight and getting fitter can only help.
I want to keep riding especially starting my home bred Highland pony which is not as straight forward as riding my old girl.
My son is getting married later in the year so I want to look good for that of course.
It could be a very long list of reasons!
16 Feb 2013, 23:15
I want to feel I have some control over my body which seems to be expanding, since menopause, without my knowledge! I want to stop grazing on snacks just through force of habit.
16 Feb 2013, 23:19
Aim for the Moon and if you miss you'll hit the Stars ;-)
16 Feb 2013, 23:21
I've been making half-hearted attempts to lose weight for ages and only really succeeded in stopping myself from ballooning out of control. With 5:2 I feel I've found something that I can do to get my weight down and keep it there.

I've actually been asked when the baby's due myself, and as a bloke that's not exactly what you want to hear!
17 Feb 2013, 00:01
To get off the slimmingworld/weightwatchers/calorie counting merry-go-round. Its the stuff of nightmares..
28 posts Page 1 of 2