The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

17 posts Page 1 of 2
I start the day with a mug (or 2!) of black filter coffee, then, mid morning, I might push the boat out with an OXO.
In the afternoon, I'll have a hot Robinsons orange (6 cals) some water and in the evening, a glass of diet lemonade with a slice of lemon.

Not a great lover of herb/fruit teas (smell inviting but never deliver on flavour IMHO) or green tea.

What do you drink and can you introduce me to new low cal (non alcoholic) drinks please.
Fizzy water, tea, fruit teas, coffee with a splash of milk.
Apart from a rare gin and tonic I haven't had any fizzy drinks since starting.
Tea - by the gallon
and water
tea (with milk)
black coffee
herbal tea
tap water
diet coke(lunch!)
Bovril
and at the end of the day 2 x 1/2 units of whiskey and soda.
Yes,I know there's a couple of cheats here ;-)
tea with a splash of milk first thing, then black tea, sometimes a fruit tea and, of course, water !! Like LastChance's idea of whiskey - could be tempted as a fast day reward at the end of the day :P
Black coffee first thing & through the morning & lots of mineral water if I have exercised. Bovril for lunch ( I pretend its soup ). About 3-0pm a treat of coffee with a splash of milk. Before bed a mug of Aero hot chocolate, like the chocolate bar it sort of bubbles up when you add the hot water & I add a splash of milk but you can have it without. :D
In order of consumption: Redbush tea, black coffee, black coffee, water, vegetable stock, redbush tea, water, water oh and a bit more water.
Green tea and gallons of water
Plenty of fruit tea and some sugar-free ribena. :)
Black Coffee first thing
Then several of he following throughout the day.... Green tea, fruit tea, decaf tea, decaf coffee and lots of water...
Sometimes a weightwatchers hot chocolate slips in, if enough cals left....
Have never had trouble sleeping since going on this, and put hat down to only one cuppa coffee
Black coffee and water. I never drink squashes, juices or fizzy other than Perrier.Cannot get on with fruit tea and dislike normal tea.
Green tea, herbal tea & water. I have just tried something different for me - Sainsbury's Sparkling Table Water (20p for 2litres) with Robinsons Orange and Mango no added sugar diluting juice - wow. It is only 4 calories and is satisfying my cravings for sweet stuff and tastes so much better than ordinary squash.
i drink coffee with a drop of milk, lots of water and mint tea (has to be two tea bags at a time to give decent flavour)
Lots of black coffee. Yesterday I drank several cans of diet coke but I was ravenously hungry also and I don't know if the two were connected. Luckily it was a feast day so eating wasn't a problem but I would hate to feel like that on a fast day.
17 posts Page 1 of 2