The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

40 posts Page 3 of 3
I should have said I am 59, and I have always struggled to lose weight, but with 5:2 I have lost inches and am now wearing clothes that have not fit me for years, so although the scales are not showing huge, quick weight loss, I am smaller.
Hi been just saying lost 11lbs since Jan 16 so v chuffed indeed (aged 51)
Just calculated my TTDE - its 2140? Is that calories a day? It seems really high?!
The average for women is 2000 per day but if you're tall/exercise a lot/very heavy it will be higher. So I'd aim to have 2000 per feed day...what do you think you've been having?
Probably much less than that - say 200 for breakfast, 250 ish for lunch or less if have cup a soup and riveta, and no more than 400 for tea? (cals)
Really?!! If so it would be impossible for you not to lose weight! I would suggest tracking your calories for a week using my fitness pal or fat secret and trying to eat/drink at least 1500 per day with 2000 at weekends for your feed days. I know it means weighing and measuring your food, which is so tedious, but just for a week so you get an idea of what you need for your height, weight etc. I think you need to see what happens to your weight if you follow the diet as originally conceived and then we can think how to change things.
I am wondering if its thryoid or just my age, 50. I do not eat or snack between meals and my appetite is now so much less since starting this that I don't need to. A couple of glasses of wine a week - usually over the weekend is all I can add to the calories given. To be honest its really frustrating now!
I think it's because you are not eating enough so your body has gone into starvation mode.
Well I'm 53 so I'm not letting you blame your age :lol:!
I think it must vary with the individual, I'm 53 and started the IF lifestyle because I want to have a healthy old age if I get to one. I'm delighted that in around 6 weeks I've lost 5 kilos - not a very likely scenario when you enjoy food and wine as much as I do!
40 posts Page 3 of 3