The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

19 posts Page 1 of 2
Do you go to bed early
28 Feb 2013, 20:31
On fasting days I go to bed early ,just to get the day over I suppose, it is 8 45 and I am tucked up already. What do others do?
Re: Do you go to bed early
28 Feb 2013, 20:33
Yes, I'm often tempted to have a bath and an early night when I'm fasting too!
28 Feb 2013, 21:27
No, I tend to stay up till my usual time. Normally between 10 and 11.
28 Feb 2013, 21:51
I like to - but Child of Our Time's on - so I'm multi-tasking (TV and internet) and thinking about breakfast!! lol
28 Feb 2013, 21:58
Not usually. Once I've had my 500 cal dinner, it feels like a normal evening!
01 Mar 2013, 00:45
Definitely an early night for me! I spread my 400 kcals over 3 meals a day so I only have a small amount for dinner. Once evening rolls around I'm tucked up nice early otherwise I know I'd get hungry and I hate trying to sleep with a gnawing belly.
01 Mar 2013, 05:46
I'm not a night owl and usually in bed relatively early. When I started fasting I was so wiped out all day they bed by 8 was a regular. Now I have good energy levels during the day, but can still be really tired and struggling to stay up,, so hit the pit by 9. Other times I'm ok. Find it a bit bizarre how unpredictable it it!
01 Mar 2013, 06:49
I normally do anyway not just fast days, I read or watch a bit of telly until I nod off, there's a lot of truth in the old saying "one hour before midnight is worth two after" ;)
01 Mar 2013, 07:10
We usually go to bed reasonably early every night. By the time the kids are in bed by 8pm im shattered, fast day or not, i tidy up the kids toys and do the dishes then maybe watch tv for a bit and we're usually in bed by 10pm. I sometimes go to bed right after the kids do. My 20 month old wee boy wakes up at 5:30 every morning and wakes everyone else up to, and so the madness continues for another day......
01 Mar 2013, 23:12
I admire people like you Demi. I find it hard fasting and I dont wake until 8 am. I cant imagine what it must be like to be woken up at 5.30 and fasting all day. I dont think I could have done the 5/2 when my children were small. Shame on me
02 Mar 2013, 16:02
I don't go to bed at all on fast days as I do two night shifts a week and tie my fast days in with them. I have nothing through the day, I go to work at 6pm, have my 500 calorie meal at about 7.30pm and then come home at 9am for a lovely big breakfast and then bed!
02 Mar 2013, 22:30
As I get up at 5.00am during the week I'm in bed by 10.00pm but on weekday fast days maybe half an hour or so earlier.
02 Mar 2013, 22:59
Yes I am glad to get off to bed but as I am retired I also don't start the day as early as usual, that also gets rid of a few more fasting hours :-)
02 Mar 2013, 23:17
Yes I tend to slope off round 10 - but it takes me a good half hour to hunker down. I do sleep like a log on fast nights compared to non-fast nights though.
03 Mar 2013, 23:57
I tend to head to bed early anyway, and haven't noticed going to bed earlier on fast days. I also seem to sleep better on fast day nights, and wonder whether it's because instead of drinking regular tea with milk (full of caffeine) all day, I stick to green tea.
19 posts Page 1 of 2