The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

27 posts Page 2 of 2
Funny, I used to be convinced I had to eat every three hours or I would pass out. Just driven 350 miles on two bits of toast! Felt hungry a few times but didn't pass out. Just as well really as there was only me to drive. Don't knock what you haven't tried I say!
naomidonoghue wrote: But she is one of those people who has got an opinion on everything and god help you if you don't agree with her....lol.

Poor you sharing a office with someone like her, I know exactly the sort of person you are talking about. Don't let her discourage you.[/quote]

Oh the likes of her would never discourage me.... I am made of far harder stuff than that :oops:

I did low carb many years ago for about 3 years and really enjoyed it (also lost about 3 stone) but things have slipped recently.
Your post made me smile Tiggs as I had almost the same conversation with two people I work with today. They commented that I had had no lunch so I told them about 5 2. Shock and horror followed with comments about eating breakfast (the most important meal of the day I was told!) and lots of discussions about low blood sugar etc etc. Hopefully in a few weeks I will be able to show them the results.
Well this just gets funnier !!!

A couple of the girls pop over to Tescos to get some lunch and the person who cannot stand me doing this says "Oh I didn't want to mention food to you when you are not eating" when I ask the other one to pick up a bottle of diet coke for me (fasting day today). So I say to her "why not? it doesn't bother me having food/talking about food, you seem very het up about me fasting" She says "Oh I am just worried about you not eating"........now I had told her I had breakfast and she just watched me eating some lunch....so how am I not eating? :bugeyes: :confused: :grin: I told her not to worry about it !!! LOL

Oh and since starting 5:2 I have now lost 8lbs :wink:
Hi Tigs,
You're going to get so much pleasure from watching this woman's face change as you become even leaner and healthier. You've lost 8lbs already, which is brilliant, so she must know it's working for you, so just hang in there and enjoy the good feelings, whilst she struggles with her green eyed monster!
Oh this is so typical. You will probably find someone who is going to put you down at any time you are following a different eating regime. Sometimes this is jealousy and you may have to fight off sabotage attempts. And then of course there are the people who are convinced *their* WOE is best and need to pontificate about it (and I suppose there may well be 5:2 followers guilty of that too). Just ignore and hopefully she will shut up when you don't trop dead but drop a dress size if that's what your'e after.

The thing about breakfast is so very ingrained in our culture it is very hard to shake.
Luckily for me I don't have that much weight to lose (I am a size 10 and approx 5'8")...put on a little after coming back from holiday late last year. In total I only wanted to lose 1 stone and I am 8lbs down and I am looking slimmer.

She looks a bit sour faced now...lol
Breakfast is very important and that's why we all 'break fast'. We just choose to take a bit longer to break our fast. lol :wink:
Tigs33, it is interesting to note that fasting is producing results for you but at 5'8" tall and size 10 surely this is proportionately underweight? I note too that you also drink diet coke but appear unaware that soft drinks and especially the diet ones are unhealthy and contain toxins which the producers are not compelled to admit. Similar to alcohol abuse soft drinks can cause fatty livers which cause other health problems and especially cancers. What is more surprising is why such information is not more widely known among the general public. Soft drink makers are not about to 'kill the goose that lays the golden egg' and they have a powerful influence globally which is why the drinks continue to be available and why this information is marginalised. Could it be possible that this other work associate might be demonstrating a degree of genuine concern for you?
I'm normally quick to say if I think people are starving themselves but I don't think Tiggs' stats indicate that. Nothing wrong with being a comfortable 8-10 at 5' 8". It's not the clothes size that's an issue here as it's not that related to height.

And everyone needs a vice...
Hi Jennings, interesting reply, although I am a size 10 I was creeping up to a size 12, and whilst I might appear slim to most - without clothing you would see that I hold a lot of fat around my middle. I am 40 years old and I feel that a more happy weight for me is just under 10 stone (which i have been for most of my adult life) which I am about 9 lbs away from. When I am this weight I have a fairly flat tummy etc, but not stick thin. I also intend to step up the amount of exercise I do, as I used to go to the gym and do a lot of weight training which I haven't done since my mum died last year.

And with regard to the diet drinks, I don't really drink a great deal of them, and certainly not every day.
It all depends what weight you are confortablem with. I started out as a size 10 and I'´m 5"8. I've lost 5 kgs and can get into size 8 now. I won't go below a BMI of 18.5 but I feel a lot better now I"ve lost the weight, I still look healthy and not drawn and scrawny (I'm 47).
27 posts Page 2 of 2