The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

27 posts Page 1 of 2
Negative attitude towards 5:2
04 Mar 2013, 12:50
Well a girl in my office thinks I am crazy and am going to drop down dead on a fast day :bugeyes: First thing she asked me was how did my fast day go on Sunday :grin: and then ranted on to everybody about how she *has* to eat every three hours or her blood sugar is too low.... :bugeyes:

Not sure if it is jealously or her being controlling.....lol

She was getting really upset about another girl in my office doing it (but she is doing 6:1)

Really feel like telling her to mind her own business....lol

Funny thing is another girl is interested but I said best to read the book before deciding to do it, but I explained the basics...she has now ordered the book :cool:

Anybody else had experience of this?
Yeah, it's normally the fitness fanatics who bang on about you have to eat little and often throughout the day. They will have read a theory somewhere and treat it as gospel.
I think they are just upset that I'm losing more weight than them and i'm not bothering to exercise! :grin:
Oh she isn't a fitness fanatic....I just think that she doesn't like people having their own minds or doing something that she doesn't understand/like...

She is looking rather soured faced..... :grin:
Oh I will...she only works part time and I won't see her on my next fast day which is Thursday.....I will see her again on Friday and no doubt she will ask how I am getting on.

What amazes me is that people like her will never do anything like 5:2 but love to critizise other peoples choices.

(And she isn't skinny herself and will complain about being overweight :confused: )
I have found this with every plan I have ever followed, unless it is a standard like weight watchers everyone seems to feel entitled to an opinion. It is normally someone who is insecure about their own weight and feels like they have to attack you to stop the doubts in their own heads, just ignore her if you can
You'll be so fit and healthy soon that she will have to eat her words. One every three hours :lol:
sophieh wrote: You'll be so fit and healthy soon that she will have to eat her words. One every three hours :lol:

LOL!!!!
That's people; how boring life would be if we were all the same.
"she *has* to eat every three hours or her blood sugar is too low" - she needs to see a doctor then :-)
PhilT wrote: "she *has* to eat every three hours or her blood sugar is too low" - she needs to see a doctor then :-)

Thats what she thinks... :bugeyes:

But she is one of those people who has got an opinion on everything and god help you if you don't agree with her....lol.
I have an acquaintance with a similar negative attitude to 5:2. She has been on a diet for ages, and comes out with stuff like "You can't skip breakfast, it's the most important meal of the day" and "Just eat less and move more" The fact that she has so far failed to lose any weight, and she can see that I have lost a good amount only seems to make her worse. I can avoid her luckily, so you have all my sympathy, having to work with someone so negative.
pat76 wrote: The fact that she has so far failed to lose any weight, and she can see that I have lost a good amount only seems to make her worse.

And are you feeling at all smug about that?! I know I would be :wink:
But she is one of those people who has got an opinion on everything and god help you if you don't agree with her....lol.

Poor you sharing a office with someone like her, I know exactly the sort of person you are talking about. Don't let her discourage you.
27 posts Page 1 of 2