The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

59 posts Page 2 of 4
Re: I am morbidly obese
18 Mar 2013, 09:47
Hello :)

I'm in a similar situation to you. My BMI is 37-something. I'm currently 103kg, aiming for a target of 60kg in the long term to be a healthy weight. It's a long haul, but stuff is happening. I've lost about 4 kg since I started 6 weeks ago.

Good Luck :)
18 Mar 2013, 10:43
Hello, im in the same boat, starting my third week today, fast number 5. i find the fast days not too bad but struggle to control the feast days but am getting there. i am taking one week at a time. good luck
18 Mar 2013, 11:00
Welcome Kaz. You are in the right place so please stay and keep posting. We are all with you every step. It is exciting to know that this is a sustainable way of losing weight and regaining a normal life.
18 Mar 2013, 11:11
Wishing you luck in your journey Kaz (and others on here too of course) - as others have said before me, there's quite a few of us on this forum who have found it difficult to realise what health problems we were giving ourselves and to be brave enough to face up to our true situations. At 15 1/2 stone I actually stopped and questioned myself as to what on earth I was doing and going up into a size 20 I found, for me, totally shocking. 18 months later I'm now down to 12st 2 and comfortably in size 16. I've still got a way to go but this is by far and without doubt the easiest that I've ever found shedding weight and one that I feel I can now make a WOL. So I do, truly, wish you all the best and look forward to hearing about how you're doing. :clover:
18 Mar 2013, 11:42
Best of Luck Kaz.

Are you using myfitnesspal? It's very good in the early stages to monitor what you eat every day, I know everyone says you don't have to, but I find it helps enormously in regulating what I eat ( and drink....hic) on non fast days.

I have been doing pretty much 4:3 for 6 weeks and have lost 3lb a week on average. BUT I know for a fact that if I "ate what I liked" on the feast days it would be a no gain no loss situation, or platueaux as it's called.
18 Mar 2013, 20:53
Well, I am very happy to report that after 3 fasting days (Monday, Thursday, Monday) I am minus 2 kgs :grin:

Lots to go, but its a start :like:
18 Mar 2013, 21:17
2kg is an excellent start. Well Done you!!!

I started 5 weeks ago and am doing 4:3 like you. I lost a total of a stone on Monday and am no longer morbidly obese. I still have 98lbs to lose and am certain that this way of eating is the answer to long term sustainable weightloss.
I think the trick is to break the whole thing down into manageable chunks, small targets, and to promise yourself something nice when you reach each one.
This forum is a huge help. Just reading about everyone else's achievements and problems help keep you motivated. There is tons of caring advice - everyone wants you to succeed so keep posting
18 Mar 2013, 21:22
Well done Kaz.
Just wanted to add my support.
I find the forum invaluable for encouraging me and inspiring me.
Even a lb a week is 4st in a year I think someone on here said.
I find setting myself small targets works.
My scales are in kilos, so my next goal is to shed another kilo.
Good luck. We'll be with you every step of the way. X
19 Mar 2013, 18:01
Well done Kaz :-)
Good luck for the road ahead, we'll all help you walk it
Lisa
20 Mar 2013, 23:10
:like: :like: :like: :like: :like: :like: :like: :like:
21 Mar 2013, 01:36
Hi Kaz,

I am obese too (around 194 lbs or 88kg) and I just started this plan yesterday. You sound like you're doing great so far and have a really good attitude. Keep it up and keep posting! I look forward to getting to know you!
-Shelly :smile:
21 Mar 2013, 02:18
Hi Kaz.

I only started this a week ago and have done three fasts. I actually started my weight loss about 15 months ago when my BMI was 37. Today, and thanks very much to this new regime, I was down to being in the 'overweight' category. It is funny how I could be so delighted at being at the top of the overweight band on the BMI scale but to me...IT IS FANTASTIC! There was a time when I thought I was destined to spend the rest of my shortened life in the obese to morbidly obsese range. SO STICK WITH IT! YOU TOO CAN BE OVERWEIGHT!!! :victory: The next stop after overweight is 'Normal' so take it one step at a time. I am so proud of you for doing this. It is a big step and it is sometimes hard to stick with it but from what I have seen, it is the best 'lifestyle change' one can ever make.

So good on you! Keep on keeping on and know that you are no different to the many who are changing their lives with this.

P.S. Oh yes, I know I am a cheater because the weight today was after a fast day and tomorrow I will be obsese again but I will just be a little bit obese and I know that next week I will be back being overweight without any question of a return to obese EVER! Woo hoo!
21 Mar 2013, 02:35
Me too. I'm morbidly obese. There, I've said it. First time i've been able to. Thanks to your courage and inspiration, Aussie Kaz, we are naming the dragon. And I tentatively think the 5:2/4:3 may just be the thing to slay (actually chip away one day at a time) this dragon. I'm an Aussie too, so good to know you are down here with me, chipping away. Congrats on a great start, I wish you more success tomorrow and tomo................
PS. Happy for you to PM me if you need a bit of extra support.
21 Mar 2013, 06:02
Hi Kaz

I am morbidly obese too. I am 53yrs old & have diabetes type 2, insulin dependant as well as other health issues. Today is the first day of this 5:2 diet. I need support too as I have been overweight all my life. Been on the yo yo dieting game for years, so I'm hoping this will work for me.

It's now 5pm & am finding the day tough going. The thing is that it is the evenings while watching tv that I tend to want to snack snack and snack. I am looking forward to dinner tonight. I am getting a headache right now & wondered if others found the same problem on their first fasting day?
:starving:
21 Mar 2013, 06:24
It does get easier and remember tomorrow you can eat normally again. Make sure you keep well hydrated and if the headache gets too much a couple of parecetomol will help. Every time you feel like snacking hop on here and read some of the inspirational stories. There is lots of support for you, just take it one fast at a time.
59 posts Page 2 of 4