The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

33 posts Page 3 of 3
It's so easy to let casual remarks from others throw us off course and as has been said you can't please everyone. I've lost nearly a stone and as I'm only 5ft 3, I am a bit surprised that no one seems to have noticed, other than my OH and daughter who know I'm doing it so are looking to see what's happening to my body. My OH says I'm getting a nice shape now and my daughter says I've lost some rolls of back-fat! (She's never been tactful lol).

I did get upset at someone making a joke that its obvious that I enjoy my food just from looking at me and it nearly sent me hurtling towards a big bar of chocolate to cheer me up! I was thinking "if you think I'm fat even though I've lost nearly a stone, just how bad have I been looking in everyones eyes all this time?" But we all see our bodies and others bodies through our own unique lens. I have a friend who tells me I'm not fat but that she is, even though we are the same height and build and she weighs half a stone less than me!

You just have to work at trusting your own judgement and/or working out whose opinion matters to you, whose judgement you can trust. :oops:
Thank you carorees, I find I survive very well on fast days as long as I can have a nice milky coffee or two which I always include in my allowance. But today, fed up at work and bored made me lose the incentive to fast. Thankfully it's only the second time I've felt like this is 10/11 weeks(beginning to forget how long as its now a routine) so I think I could probably survive just drinking fluids as I only start to get hungry or want food after I've eaten in the evening. I was thinking of having nothing but thought about my body going into starvation mode. I've recently graduated from a nutrition degree and this is obviously something we didn't learn or discuss during the course. This is probably one of the reasons I find this so fascinating!

One other good thing about this plan is that I'm actually eating more than I would normally and not wining weight, I also was very conscious about what I ate and probably, well I know deprived myself of food. I don't think I had a good relationship with food, but now I'm enjoying it. Last saturday night i even had my own portion of chips for the first time since I don't know when!
The starvation mode thing is much debated as to whether it exists until you reach a low BMI but in any case it doesn't seem to be triggered by just 36 hours on reduced rations.
33 posts Page 3 of 3