The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

30 posts Page 2 of 2
Ok..I saw the dietician yesterday who told me that basically if I dont "encourage" my metabolism to work it wont..........i.e. get off my backside..so I shall play on my wii 3 days each week without anybody watching..(sorry but you wont catch me in a gym EVER!!)..watch this space!!
If you are exercise-averse like me, I would really recommend DrM's HIIT protocol of 20 seconds of high intensity exercise times 3, done 3 times a week. See the video of "The Truth About Exercise" in the resources section. I use an exercise bike for my 20 secs x x, but before I got it I used to step on and off the bottom step of the stairs for 20 secs, so you don't need any fancy equipment/gym membership! It may be a factor in why I have experienced such good weight loss!
Caroline, you are the best !!! But WHERE is the video..I have searched through resources etc and can't find it...thanks! woopwoop!! haha!!
Congratulations! Keep up the good work! :)
Great news and thanks everyone for sharing stories of health improvements!

My dad has just been put on statins and been told diet will not help at all as he urgently needs to reduce cholesterol. Ive told him about 5:2 - I actually started doing this after researching how to reduce cholesterol! He understandably wants to stick to docs advice right now but I hope when the meds have reduced the cholesterol this might be a way for him to come off the drugs.
Tarty wrote: Caroline, you are the best !!! But WHERE is the video..I have searched through resources etc and can't find it...thanks! woopwoop!! haha!!

Bah! The BBC had taken down all the videos of the programme. I can only find this clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7-h_w7bJrU which does give you the basics.
maybe BBC are going to repeat it...thanks!
Hi all
Just got back from my yearly visit to my Doctor, He was really impressed that I had nearly lost 30lbs.n THAT 68% of my target weight since my last visit that with clothes on and shoes ( normally in birthday suit and watch) That enough of that.
He has told me to keep at it and slowly keep losing weight, I have been trying to increase my exercise steps over the last few day (walking both morning and night) as I am on holiday and not running around at work. I’ve taken this week of the diet and he agreed as this is the upside of this diet I can do what I like when I like, it’s great.
Next week I am back with full vigour and I will lose the rest by Christmas (you can see what my present from Santa will be) Yes Cloths and a new life

Just need to shout out to everyone that this diet works
Congrats to you!!

I had a DR appointment yesterday as well, to renew thyroid and BP medications. TSH is a bit low, so we are adjusting my dose slightly.

Usually my BP is sky-high when I get in the office, but yesterday it was only slightly high, so I took that as a GOOD sign. I'm down 2 lbs since last visit (over year ago), but I would have been up quite a bit without 5:2. I told him I was on 5:2 and he said he knew of it, and just said to keep doing whatever I'm doing!

The only hitch in the visit was that I asked them to measure my height, since I used to be 5'8", and assumed I lost an inch. Well, now I'm 5'6", much to my dismay!! I need to get on a stretching rack!! So my progress tracker is not accurate. I've written to Moogie in hopes for an edit.....

mikita
"Re: Pleasant surprise at the Doctors

Postby Tarty » 25 Mar 2013, 08:58

maybe BBC are going to repeat it...thanks!"

Exercise video: http://vimeo.com/51836895
Just thought I'd update this, 6 months on, with my latest routine visit to the doctor. My blood pressure was 126/64 or "disgustingly normal" as my doctor put it. By her scales, fully clothed, I was 73kg (still 6lbs lighter than my scales at home!).
Considering exactly a year ago, I was 99kg on her scales, that's 26kg or 4 stone 1lb lost in a year.
Needless to say my doctor is absolutely delighted with me. The only thing she cautioned was to make sure I was getting all my nutrients, as I'm doing 4:3.
Very well done Chris P. What a wonderful weight loss :like: :grin:
Well Done Chris fantastic result :heart: :heart:

I'm with Caroline on this one as I weighed-in with nurse
5 lbs heavier on her scales. unfair. :clover: Sue. :clover:
Good news Chris! Impressive weight loss and the health benefits that come with it !x
@Chris P That kind of weight loss is crying out for some before and after pics methinks!
30 posts Page 2 of 2