The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

22 posts Page 2 of 2
Re: I thought I wanted cake...
14 Oct 2013, 10:16
I headed to the freezer in Marks,intent on getting frozen chips..instead found myself poring over the green veg..couldnt wait to eat some,felt i could have crunched them frozen..same thing yesterday..was about to make a ham sandwich then found self with a plate of ham,peas,spinach and broc!
14 Oct 2013, 11:22
During the summer I used to always have a small Kit Kat on non fast days - until the day when I didn't really fancy the chocolate because I preferred to eat a handful of cherries instead. And I have turned down ice cream quite frequently since starting this - and I love ice cream. Obviously not as much as I used to.
14 Oct 2013, 11:26
I am sat here on my fast day watching OH and visitors eating baguettes and cheese with red wine. Who needs family? Thing is I am not bothered as I know today is a fast day and I can have what I want tomorrow. It is a very powerful thing for me as I never used to have any control over food. I love it!
14 Oct 2013, 16:58
I'd have had the cake!! :)
14 Oct 2013, 17:12
I can't say that I have gone so far that I eat a lot of fruit - isn't a fruit person if I can't have a ripe mango, sweet pineapple and such. And I don't tend to buy much of these either. But I totally agree that all the un-good things I used to eat, no longer taste good or is appealing in any sense. I bought some Marabou chocolate for the weekend - Dajm and Pigalle and honest to g-d, non tasted good. I hardly eat chips (crisps), almost never cheese doodles and loose candy (candy, not women sillies) have totally lost it's appeal. My cinnamon buns though are yummy and last night we had "Marängswiss" for desert - meringues, chopped banana, whipped cream and chocolate sauce. You can put in some vanilla ice cream and berries as well, but we stuck with the original thing. I ate a small portion, the guys fixed of the rest. One of them need to put on weight, one don't :wink:
14 Oct 2013, 17:45
Whenever I have a mango, I think of that skit from "Free to Be, You and Me" where Marlo Thomas's character demanded they hand over "a whole mango please". I believe it was called "Ladies First" :-)
14 Oct 2013, 18:55
Well, I just poured a glass of red wine back into the bottle, because, having poured it (and really fancying one after a hectic day at work), I suddenly realised that I was about to drink it more for the sake of it, rather than genuinely wanting to. That's how I used to be, but with cider, and I don't need to get back into that way of casual drinking. I know I sound more like an alcoholic than anything else! haha, but to me it's more about that relaxed feeling of control, which is so great about this way of life xx
22 posts Page 2 of 2