The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

32 posts Page 1 of 3
What have you earned about yourself/your eating habits since starting 5:2? It has been an eye opener for me! I now know that

1. My portions were far too big before. I just didn't take a good look at what I was eating.
2. I can go for far longer without food than I thought. I snacked too much.
3. I can trust my friends to support me. The ones I thought would judge the diet are now on it too!

How about you?
I thought being hungry stopped me functioning properly-it doesn't
I thought the middle-aged mummy-tummy was here to stay-it's not!
I thought dieting was boring, but this is interesting and challenges my chef skills :-)
Honeybee27 wrote: What have you earned about yourself/your eating habits since starting 5:2? It has been an eye opener for me! I now know that

1. My portions were far too big before. I just didn't take a good look at what I was eating.
2. I can go for far longer without food than I thought. I snacked too much.
3. I can trust my friends to support me. The ones I thought would judge the diet are now on it too!

How about you?

Certanly your no 1 and 2.

Im frankly hoorifed at the amount I used to buy.... no wonder I was so short of funds.

TBH I think a lot of us are falling onto this trap. I was in Morrison's today to meet my folks; the quantities of food going through the tills I feel sure are unecessary ...something I've discovered since realising how little you do actually need.

I think Jamie Oliver's done this; the vast quantities of junk the SM's peddle to us....

I know that wasn't rally your question but fact never the less.
1) Dieting is as much of mental challenge as it is a physical one - I can easily justify a binge and that is what scares me
2) I can be pretty creative with 600 Cals on a fast day - Its alot to work with.

3) I am doing this for me, and need to ignore what other people say when it comes to how to lose weight. Everybody has an opinion and wants to think that they know the right way. Well quite honestly, alot of what we have been told in the past is dead wrong when it comes to nutrition. I usually don't even talk about 5:2 fast because I don't want to have to deal with the criticism and trying to justify why I am doing it.
I am not weak, I can do it!
I am capable of change, I am not bound to fail.
I can listen to my body, I do not NEED junk food for comfort, I want healthy, nutritious food.
I won't die if I don't eat 3 meals a day
I don't NEED to eat breakfast in order to lose weight
I don't need to pay to go to a club to lose weight. I have all the support I need right here
I did way too much comfort eating, without even thinking. I have found other ways to be happy.
It's ok to be a little hungry sometimes.
I can still lose weight if I put my mind to it.
1) I didn't lack motivation, I needed the right diet.
2) My portion sizes were just too big
3) I was not hungry, I was bored or thirsty.
I eat for lots of reasons other than hunger.
I enjoy this WOE and the freedom it gives.
I quite enjoy feeling a bit hungry.
+ ditto to most of the comments from you all.
Only three?
It's ok to be hungry
I was eating far too much
IT is not necessary to eat breakfast,or lunch for that matter,three meals and two snacks is a myth
Ok,just one more,if you eat lots of veggies salads and lean protein 500 cals is pretty filling and satisfying
1) I have more willpower than I thought I did
2) I can eat and drink the things I enjoy without feeling guilt
3) I actually like my coffee better black
losing weight after 30 is easier than I thought
I feel and sleep better if I eat dinner early and go hungry to sleep
I have a lot more energy on fast days that I thought I would have
1) Grandma doesn't need to be fat to be a good Grandma.
2) I must sip water often but have sugar rarely.
3) All shall be well, truly.
1 I feel sorry for myself way too much
2 Using food as a pick me up is ingrained in me to an unhealthy degree - I don't want it to be any more
3 Change is hard, but it's worth working for
* I don't mind losing weight slowly - I'd rather enjoy normal eating 5 days a week
* I enjoy my food more
* I feel much happier and more confident since starting - it just shows how altering one aspect of your life can have an effect on the rest
32 posts Page 1 of 3