The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

41 posts Page 3 of 3
Tobelerone, lindor, green & blacks, bounties, double decker, star bar, millionaire shortbread, custard slice, gold bars, tunnocks tea cakes, digestive biscuits, doritos, walkers sensations, freshly made bread, cheese, wine............I think you get the picture. :wink:

Would you be able to guess its lunch time on fast days and another few hours yet until I eat! :cry:
I always say that if I lived in Britain I'd be so fat that I would have to expand the doors of my house!!!
Lindt Lindor choclate balls! :razz: In fact I've just been to sainsburys (which is tough to do on a fast day) and pointed to the largest Lindt Easter egg and said to DD, who's 4, when daddy comes to buy mummy's Easter egg mummy want this big red one ok? Manipulating my partner via the children isn't too morally wrong is it? Lol :wink:
Oh I think the calories don't count if it's a present do they? :wink:
QueenB wrote: Lindt Lindor choclate balls! :razz: In fact I've just been to sainsburys (which is tough to do on a fast day) and pointed to the largest Lindt Easter egg and said to DD, who's 4, when daddy comes to buy mummy's Easter egg mummy want this big red one ok? Manipulating my partner via the children isn't too morally wrong is it? Lol :wink:

That's what children are for! No?
dominic wrote: Oh I think the calories don't count if it's a present do they? :wink:

Calories don't count when:
It's a present.
It's alcohol.
It's your birthday cake.
You are on foreign land.
It's after sex.
I love marzipan but I could restrain myself from eating a whole block. But cheesy Doritos - no chance. I can hoover them down easily.
Chocolate, cakes, biscuits, crisps, anything that I'm not meant to eat a great deal of, basically!!
For me it's proper butter and any kind of bread product - croissants, fresh bread, crumpets, muffins...you get the picture! I just can't get enough, and I'll often have a whole feast day where that's all I eat for every meal. I can take or leave sweet things although I do love marzipan. I got some delicious chocolates for my birthday a couple of weeks ago which were Kirsch-soaked cherries in marzipan covered in bitter chocolate. Delicious! Needless to say they were polished off very quickly!
I can live without chocolate but if I have a soreen malt loaf in the cupboard it calls to me until I have scoffed the lot! And I like it with the butter so thick I can leave teeth marks on it. Good thing the shops are shut in Sydney today otherwise I would be tempted to go and get one right now.
I've just remembered where I saw little mini simnel cakes - in Dobbies Garden Centre! And there's one just across the road from us, and they do great reductions on their food products. So I shall wait till Monday or Tuesday and then have a look.
41 posts Page 3 of 3