The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

36 posts Page 2 of 3
I'm 265 right now (which is great because I was 278 this fall!) and about to start the 5:2... right now I have about a 100 pounds to lose (at my height 165 is the largest side of "normal"). My first fast day with either be tomorrow or Saturday, so let's see what happens!
I am so happy to have found this forum thread. I have 70 kgs (154lbs)to lose. My BMI is over 50 and most other BMIs I have seen are mainly in the 20s so was feeling very overwhelmed.

I realise that I am in for the long haul but I have already done the quick fix and lost lots only to put it all and more back on because I could not maintain the restrictions. 5:2 seems to me to be something that you can live with. Like many others,I consider the program to be a life style rather than a diet.

I look forward to continuing my journey with you all and enjoying your continued support.
I have lost 56lbs in 5 months. It has slowed down now but I am going to keep going because I'm still aiming to get into a size 12 skirt. I have to admit that sometimes on my fasting days I have eaten quite a bit less than 500 calories.
I've got 70lbs I would ike to lose. Have managed to lose 8lbs in two weeks so far. Determined to do it.
Wow 12345678let -what a positive result. Well done!
ive got 71 lbs to lose and celebrating today cos ive just left the over 40 BMI into 39 ...hooray ..so excited ..i ran around the kitchen table ..lol ..you never know i might take up running at this rate
I would like to lose 75 lbs in order to reach my long-term goal, but to be honest, I'm looking at short and medium term goals.
I started back in August last year, but I went about it all wrong and got disheartened.

I rebooted the program in January this year, and I have lost 17.2 lbs since (29 lbs in total since August 2012), an average of 1.23 lbs a week.
At this rate, I should reach my long-term goal in good time for my birthday next year! :lol:
My waist to hip ratio has dropped from 70.5% to 61.5%.
My BMI has gone from 37.75% to 32.95%.

My next short-term goal is for my weight to go down into the 80s (below 196 lbs.)
My medium-term goal is for my H:W to drop into the 50s.

Still some way to go, but it's all good! :like:
Congratulation keihira, very inspirational story, how many of us have fallen off the wagon , II am really hoping I can stay on it this time and find out why I have fallen off so many times before. One reason I know will help keep me going are people like you, thanks :smile:
Thank you, Gemini. That's sweet of you to say :oops:

When I started doing this, I set up an account with My Fitness Pal.
I remember looking at my progress ticker and thinking how far 75 lbs looked and how long it would take me to get there

I looked at it today and I'm almost halfway there!
That half-way point is my incentive! :lol:
you are all brilliant and I feel very priviledged to be in your CATEGORY- we can do this!!!! However- as I worked out yesterday how much I would have to loose to get to a healthy BMI I got very depressed- I have not weighed that little for, well I cannot remember..... but as I worked it out- 1lb per week is a great loss aver a year- so I am going for that and have just celebrated my first stone loss!!!!
downwards we go!!!!! and we are all in fgood company- let's keep in touch here- this is a truly great thread and thank you krista for starting it!!!- ursula
I have over 100lbs to lose. I had a discouraging first month but I'm ot giving up. I want a smaller dress size and just the one chin and I'm going to have it.
I started out on the 5:2 plan at 318 pounds. I have lost 10 of that since starting 4/21. My goal is 160 pounds. That will be a 158 pound loss.
I am sticking to a 500 cal fast day and am having no problem with it at all. Where the rubber meets the road for me is on the none fast days and I am eating a very healthy vegetable and fruit rich diet.

The fasting gives me just the boost I need per week to get this weight off. At age 58 this is not so easy as it was when I was younger but I have to say that the 5:2 plan is giving me great results and I am very happy with this WOE.
You are not alone. I have a little over 60 lbs. to lose. We can do it!
Me too as far as who's in your boat. I have about 100 to lose although at set my goal at 199 thinking I might want to breathe and consolidate at that point.

I've been here a month and have lost 8 lbs. I don't count calories on my feed days but do on my fast days. I might have lost more this first month if I had, but I know that feelings of deprivation have been my enemy in the past and I don't want to go there. I think I have been eating more than my TDEE, but figure that will settle down again soon.

Good luck to you!
Wow I havn't been on this thread for a while and its amazing to see this many people in the same boat... Ive been doing this for just over a month now and down 10 lbs, so exciting. We can do this!!!
36 posts Page 2 of 3