The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

36 posts Page 3 of 3
I started in Jan 4 and have 90 lbs to lose, and lost 44 lbs already but not all on 5:2 fast. I was watching bad carbs, and was chugging along at 1 lb a week, but started doing 5:2 last week to kick it up a notch, which it has(Lost 2.5 this week). Mentally it is a lot easier than my other plan, but I am still doing the other plan as well (Not snacking and no soda, white bread and rice)
Okay, based on my BMI range, I too have more than 60 to lose.

Not sure I plan to go all the way down to a BMI based ideal, but fully understand I need to drop a significant amount of weight. Failing any guide as to how much, I will use the BMI ideal as my guide.

Hoping to hit or get close to that goal by Xmas 2013 when I am planning a holiday. Started two weeks ago and have lost 5.2 lbs in that time.
Yes, heaps to lose. I lost about 19 kg (42 lb) over a year ago, using MyFitnessPal and counting calories every day (kill me now). But it's slowly coming back on again, I've gained 7 kg over the past 6 months. I would like to lose around 28 kg (61 lb).

I have an artificial hip (and I'm under 50). So the lighter I am, the longer the prosthesis will last. Anything to postpone that horrible surgery!

Started 5:2 about 3 weeks ago, am down about 2.5 kg (5.5 lb) already!
I'm going back on 4:3...

As a result of my weight loss and a couple of dizzy spells I had experienced, my GP changed my blood pressure medication a couple of weeks ago, and unlike the combination-tablet I used to take, the new medicine does not include a diuretic.
The difference showed up on the scale almost immediately and my weight shot up by 2 lbs. I'm quite sure all of it is from water retention.

Minor setback, but as long as I know what's causing it, I know I can get back on track.
so glad i found this thread. I have a good 95 to lose (would like to lose a bit more) lost a few lbs when did this ealier in the yr but had to stop for personal reasons. thanks for spurring me on again
I'll add to this thread too, my ideal aim is 85lb or so. I've really only just started so I have no results to show yet :) I'm never going to be skinny thanks to some family genes but I really hope to at least get back to (roughly) my pre-baby size. Good luck all!
36 posts Page 3 of 3