The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

36 posts Page 3 of 3
I am with Rufus (I always seem to be) and Dohpeterchina on this one. I am up to Fast 17 (I think...not really counting anymore) and have just settled into it as life.

Two days in a row, as Dohpeterchina says, is a diet. I think saving all your food up for one meal can also be painful unless that's easy for you. I try for that but usually fold by 10 or 11am so eat half my allowance early and the other half for dinner.

After a while, it is not a chore, it is just Monday and Thursday. If you look at it like, "These are my days of pain" then it will always be seen by your subconscious as just another fad diet you are on with your only vision being, "losing the weight" so you don't have to do this anymore. That will never work in the long term.

If your resolve is that this is just it from here on in, I think you will find it a lot easier. It has for me at least.
Sorry for your loss Merlin :heart:

As for the can't do the fast - well it's today - mind u I have already done 3 this week, but since I can't do my normal Sunday or Tues I was going to do Sat/Mon...well I woke up starving - have lost more weight again this week and just thought, stuff it - I don't need to go hard only have a few kg to go and I'll go off the whole thing if it starts to feel too hard. As the others have said it's a WOL and if it becomes a chore then it won't be a WOL. So I'm taking it easy, lolling about here instead of cleaning, walking the dogs, shopping, cooking etc...plenty of time for all that b4 dark :grin:
I notice that I feel less dread (probably too strong a word) about fasting when I do 4:3 rather than 5:2. With 5:2 I sort of feel out of practice if that makes any sense. I've never done two days in a row, though.

Reading these posts, though, I'm wondering if there isn't a bit of a wall at 4-5 weeks. The newness has worn off, maybe?
YES I was on vacation last week, didn't fast at all (and only gained a pound which was great!) I thought I was all gung-ho to fast on Monday, but knew Monday morning that it wasn't going to happen. So I did Tuesday instead, and it went ok, and then today, which again was ok. But both days were difficult,I'm thinking I'm still all relaxed on vacation mode. So yeah, sometimes it's harder than others. My first 5 weeks I didn't have a problem.
Well done Pumisimo, be kind to yourself.
Moogie, how do you make stilton sauce?
I made my post above without noticing a page 2 and 3 of posts. That's what I get for reading/posting from an iPhone (that and poor eyesight).

Merlin, I'm sorry to hear about your father.
36 posts Page 3 of 3