The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

48 posts Page 3 of 4
Reading about painting toenails in the fashionista tent reminded me how much easier it is to cut (and paint) my toenails now I've lost that weight! :like:
For me it is also the cutting/ painting of toenails. Also being able to do up shoe buckles by looking at them rather than by feel and being able to do up shoelaces when they come undone without looking for a bench or suchlike to rest foot on. Mine all seem to be feet related
I've also loved fitting into things that had gotten too tight! I also love laying in bed and my belly going down instead of up! And yes, for me yoga is much better. Oh, and feeling sexier, too! :beauty:
well it's made travel easier, and right now, traveling to Europe with my family is my favorite thing! Seats on airplanes and trains are so much more comfortable. I can do things like climb the stairs at Notre Dame, or walk 20K steps and 43 flights of stairs in one day without wanting to spend the entire next week in bed.

And then of course things like painting my toenails or fitting into smaller jeans is also fabulous!
Just reading all these examples makes me realise what a daily handicap being overweight or obese is in the practicalities of everyday life. Thats before we even come to how badly it can affect our health! X
Just painting my toe nails reminded me of this thread, so I had to have a look back for it!
Most bizarre achievement; someone on the low carb high fat group was ecstatic that they could at last kiss their knee. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I have just checked and yes I can.
barbarita wrote: Most bizarre achievement; someone on the low carb high fat group was ecstatic that they could at last kiss their knee. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I have just checked and yes I can.

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Why would you want to kiss someone else's knee? Oh......I see............MY knee.....?

I suppose I could if I wanted to, I just don't seem to want to :lol:

Ballerina x :heart:

P.S. Yep, can do :victory:
18 lbs lighter than I was on 30th December - well my knackered knee, through an injury 3 years ago informed me of the early onset of arthritis. My knee says a big thanks to 52. I'm not out of the woods as the reality is I will need a knee(s) replacement sooner rather than later, so I need to pluck up the courage, find out more and do it. I'd love to visit the running threads as that is me, but I can't and I need to accept that is no longer part of my life. It's hard being in the audience ....... so the lesson is to find something else to spur you on and with the help of 52 that is exactly what I am doing. I'm also much kinder to myself as I tend to push myself too far.
The 'can do' thing that means a lot to me is the fact that I can sit on the carpet, lawn or a beach and lift myself up without looking for something to heave myself up on, I used to make excuses not to sit down before unless there was steps or seating I could sit on. :smile:

Chris x
@Lizbean perhaps you can now kiss your knee better as @barbarita has explained! :lol: :confused:
What can I do that I couldn't before?
- Go into a shop (any shop) and buy clothes
- Jog 5k at least 3 times a week
- Jog 10k once a week
- Eat what I want - just not always when I want it :wink:
- Must agree with the feel sexier as well :oops:
- Buy bras from the supermarket - last bra cost me £4 instead of £40!
- I walk when before only the car would do
- Anything and everything I want to do is the ultimate answer! :victory:
I've only lost a small amount so far but being able to buy supermarket clothes is brilliant. Being able to stand up for more than 5 minutes without my back aching.
Great thread! It's the little unexpected things that I love - like suddenly being able to do rollovers and push-ups in Pilates. Being to wear a proper sports bra and proper padded nicks for my bike.
Not having to ask for a seatbelt extender on the plane! And being able to use my fold-down tray, even on a budget airline with very little space between seats. Being able to walk into a clothes shop believing that I will find something wonderful that actually fits me.

And my dancing is going ahead in leaps & bounds, literally! Being almost able to get up onto pointe - wow!

Also not having to eat or pack food "just in case I'm hungry for 10 minutes". Feeling that I don't have to stuff my face for fear of missing out, or to make space for myself. Feeling I have much more of a choice around what I wish to put in my body. Feeling less driven around food in general. Having more awareness of why I overeat & nipping those dynamics in the bud. Loving myself as an ongoing practice, not "in spite of" being large.

I could go on, believe it or not!!

I
I just found this post.
What can I do now, that I've lost weight?
Sit back and enjoy my husband's complimentary comments on my external and internal bodies improvement, wear a bikini, choose better food,
and I am happier.
Thank 5:2 for coming into my life. I certainly don't find this WOL a chore.
tenshi
48 posts Page 3 of 4