The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

40 posts Page 3 of 3
Re: Hourglass shape weight loss
11 May 2013, 09:18
"but the best I can manage is curtains, duvet covers and maybe a wrap around skirt!"

Good heavens Caroline, you are selling yourself short, by a mile!

My first attempt at sewing looked like a wrap around skirt made from curtains that fitted like a duvet cover. You sound awesome! :like:

Ballerina x
11 May 2013, 09:42
[quote="dhana"]I have always had a large bust and been slim around the hips and thighs, is this the opposite of hourglass?

That's me too dhana. I think we are still classed as hour glass - just we have the hour at the top and the minutes at the bottom!! I can't get dresses as I am a size larger around bust compared to waist. So I have to go separates all the time - or get out the sewing machine I suppose - as the others have suggested.

I am only continuing with trying to lose weight in the hope that some more comes off the top (there has definitely been a reduction in fullness but not actually cup size TMI??) because I am actually pretty comfortable with where the rest of me is.

Women - we are never happy are we!!!
11 May 2013, 09:55
O'Dell wrote: I'm not perfectly hourglass. I'm a little too pear shaped. I usually gain weight in my legs and hips first and lose it last there. I've noticed losing a little weight all over with the addition of losing a little more in my legs than usual.

Yep, exact same here!!! :like: :like:
11 May 2013, 16:09
"Women - we are never happy are we!!!"...........goodness me, no one ever told me I could be happy.
:grin: :grin: :lol: :oops:
Ballerina x
11 May 2013, 16:37
I am an hour glass too (but I do like a wine glass now and then lol)!!! I love my curves and don't want to lose them but I certainly feel like I've lost the 'back fat',,, :wink:
11 May 2013, 16:43
Glad to say that I have gone from a brandy balloon to a champagne flute :victory:

Ballerina x
11 May 2013, 17:56
Caro wrote:
dhana wrote: I have always had a large bust and been slim around the hips and thighs, is this the opposite of hourglass?

That's me too dhana. I think we are still classed as hour glass - just we have the hour at the top and the minutes at the bottom!! I can't get dresses as I am a size larger around bust compared to waist. So I have to go separates all the time - or get out the sewing machine I suppose - as the others have suggested.

I am only continuing with trying to lose weight in the hope that some more comes off the top (there has definitely been a reduction in fullness but not actually cup size TMI??) because I am actually pretty comfortable with where the rest of me is.

Women - we are never happy are we!!!

Caro Bravissimo/Pepperberry is your friend in this situation!
I am also a top-heavy hour glass. My OH has commented that my shape is redefining around my waist but I've also lost from my bottom, my bra has gone to the smallest fastening and my collarbones are standing out more too.
I need to get rid of my fat upper arms and thighs too though.
11 May 2013, 20:55
When I was younger and not overweight, I had a small bust, small midriff and 24 inch waist, and carried any weight in my hips (didn't look weird, though.) When I gained weight, it went to my arms and rear, but not my midriff/waist. It wasn't until menopause and career stress that I gained quite a bit--bust some, although still not too much in the middle. After a while, it was a real shock when I had this big waist, stomach and midriff. I despaired because even as I lost some weight, it seemed to hang (literally!) around my middle. Fast walking, zumba (fantastic for core) and moderate 5:2 weight loss is taking it off. I'm now 36-30-41 and don't look half bad. :lol:
20 Sep 2013, 13:47
I'm also an hourglass - which in some ways is great (putting weight on is not so noticeable) and in others sucks (losing weight is also not so noticeable)

Anyway, I've been doing 5:2 for about 6 months. I've lost 10kg, (I've got another 10 to go) but it's obviously come off in different places. My hands and feet (WTF?) are thinner, and I've lost 10cm from my waist, but only about 5cm from my boobs and hips.

In terms of getting things to fit, I look for separates, and focus on bottoms that sit at the hip. If I'm feeling particularly girly I'll put a wide belt around my waist, but otherwise I stick to knitted tops that naturally fit my curves a bit better.

I'd like for my boobs and hips to shrink a bit more - but I'm not sure my husband would ;)
20 Sep 2013, 15:09
Well done beatonl on 10kg. Wow. Wishing I was hourglass. (english pear) :grin:
40 posts Page 3 of 3