The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

40 posts Page 2 of 3
Re: Hourglass shape weight loss
10 May 2013, 19:02
I'm an hourglass and I've lost 3 inches off my waist but only 1 inch off my hips and boobs :p
I look very funny in 3/4 pants, lol!
10 May 2013, 19:12
How about a brandy-glass figure, but I am trying for beer-glass.
10 May 2013, 19:19
How about a beer? LOL!
10 May 2013, 20:15
I'm not perfectly hourglass. I'm a little too pear shaped. I usually gain weight in my legs and hips first and lose it last there. I've noticed losing a little weight all over with the addition of losing a little more in my legs than usual.
10 May 2013, 21:11
Dohpeterchina,

I think you mean beer goggles! :geek:

Ballerina x
11 May 2013, 00:58
I am an hourglass and have only done this for 4 weeks but the opposite seems to be true for me. I lost around 2.5 kgs in first 2 weeks and although in the last 2 weeks the scales show minor movements down (maybe 0.2 / 0.3 - so essentially flat) my clothes around the waste have in that time become really loose and I swear there has been a dramatic shrinkage of my waste. I am kicking myself that I didn't measure my waste at the start to validate but it really seems I am losing inches although not weight. I do strength / interval training with a personal trainer 4 times a week so I thought maybe the fasting helps the muscles heal and therefore build mass quicker) basic concept behind strength training) - Essentially the old "I have gained muscle and lost fat" adage. But my trainer (not a 5 2 believer) has dismissed that idea. Puzzled.
11 May 2013, 01:55
Thanks for this post, it made me think... I;'m usually a pear shape, but seem to be turning into an hourglass. Usually when I lose weight it seems to go from the top down. Now, I have lost weight from my waist and hips first, and obviously (although I haven;'t been measuring) my butt and thighs. And thanks to whoever said back fat, because I didn;'t get why I had to adjust my bra to the next option. Also have noticed some difference in the face, and more differentiation in the collarbone.
11 May 2013, 05:19
Thanks everyone for your opinions and experiences.
I think I might do some other measurements and check just for interest sake what is happening, and where my next 10kg comes from!
I'm not at all concerned really, as long as the weight is coming off somewhere! -just curious.
11 May 2013, 05:59
I haven't measured anywhere but my waist where I've lost 10cm. By the way my clothes feel, I think it's the only place I'm losing. Soon I'll be two big blobs held together by a stick.
11 May 2013, 07:38
Still perfecting my quote technique- as Ian Thorpe said-Oops!
11 May 2013, 07:41
MaryAnn wrote: Soon I'll be two big blobs held together by a stick.

I know what you mean! :wink:
11 May 2013, 08:14
I'm an hourglass too. I've always had a 10 inch difference between my waist measurement and my hips and 9 inches between waist and bust. My weight loss appears to be fairly even as these differences have been maintained. The trouser issue is driving me mad! I have to resort to inserting elastic in the waist...which is not a cool look! Putting a belt on is not the answer because there is so much loose material in the trouser waistband when the belt is adjusted to fit my waist that the belt rides up above the top of the waistband looks dreadful and feels uncomfortable.
11 May 2013, 08:27
'Soon I'll be two big blobs held together by a stick.'

MaryAnn, you have got my day off to a great start with a huge giggle, thank you,
:grin: :grin: :grin:

Ballerina x
11 May 2013, 08:44
I have always had a large bust and been slim around the hips and thighs, is this the opposite of hourglass? My waist is reappearing but strangely the hips are not going down. There was a wonderful little programme on telly recently about sewing, which was of course turned into a contest to choose Britain's best dressmaker (can't remember the name!) but it was brilliant. I used to make my children clothes when they were little- anyone remember Clothkits? Anyway, it has inspired me to get out the sewing machine and I have run myself up a rather nice skirt which fits beautifully, if a bit snugly, and I think this is an old hobby I might return to. :smile:
11 May 2013, 08:58
It was "The Great British Sewing Bee". I'm fairly sure you can still get Clothkits, dhana. I wish I was more adept at sewing but the best I can manage is curtains, duvet covers and maybe a wrap around skirt!
40 posts Page 2 of 3