The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

40 posts Page 1 of 3
Hourglass shape weight loss
10 May 2013, 12:24
I'm wondering if any other hourglass shapes (albeit it a very large hourglass in my case) have noticed anything about their figure changing on 5:2
I have only lost 5kg so far, but when I tried on a skirt I'm wanting to wear to a party next week it seemed to feel just as tight as ever! :confused:
Not a worry, I'm so happy with my overall weight loss, but can't really see where it has come from! I didn't measure my hips when I started, but I've lost 3cm from my waist, not a lot.
I'd be really interested in any other hourglass shapes findings. :smile:
Re: Hourglass shape weight loss
10 May 2013, 12:34
I have lost probably about 10 cm around the waist. My tracker says slightly more, but I think I held the tape wrong that first day.

My weight loss follows the same pattern it did when I lost a lot of weight going on the paleo diet. I can definitely see and feel how my waist is getting smaller but my hips/thighs and bust are slimming more slowly.

One advantage to being fat has been being able to find clothes that fit both thighs and waist, but already I am getting back to having that unpleasant buckling fabric where I have to cinch the waistband in with a belt.

However, I am combining my 5:2 diet with exercises for the core musculature, and I think that makes a big difference. Not to the weight loss, but to how much my gut sags.
10 May 2013, 12:40
I'm more apple but I have always carried my weight evenly spread around my body. The first few pounds seemed to come from inside my gut (felt like I had more room for my organs) and my thighs and the best was the back-fat. I don't buldge over the back of my bra and my arms hang I(nearly) straight at my sides again. :D

Next time you are getting grocery's, look at 10 lbs of butter or lard, that's quite a stack! and it had to come off somewhere or maybe it has come off of everywhere. :)
10 May 2013, 12:47
I'm pretty hourglass and I have just lost from all over so far which is nice. I wish I'd lose just a little bit from my boobs but they seem to be the only thing not budging!
10 May 2013, 12:50
According to the fashion experts, hourglass is the best (and the only proportional) body shape. Be happy with your body's shape, you're probably losing weight overall and that's why you didn't see much change when you tried on the skirt.
10 May 2013, 12:58
Betsysgr8, I have a vivid picture of you with your arms hanging (nearly) straight! :lol: I know just what you mean!
10 May 2013, 13:09
I am an hourglass and have lost a bit from everywhere but especially my waist. I now find it very difficult to get clothes which fit my hips without gaping at the waist.

Unfortunately, fewer women now are a classic hourglass shape so clothes are not made to accomodate that shape.
10 May 2013, 13:12
Check for lower waist trousers and skirts, don't rule out alterations, hit Marks and Spencer and try their new Marilyn jeans...
10 May 2013, 13:22
I'm a typical hourglass 100/70/100 cm and 185 cm tall. Down 8.6 kilos and most of it from my upper body and waist so far. But I need to slim all over so I hope the hips will catch up!
10 May 2013, 16:37
I'm hourglass shape. I've lost 3.5" from my waist since starting this a month ago! I've also lost a bit from my hips and my back - the bras that were straining a month ago are now easy to do up and even nudging toward a tighter hook. I didn't measure my thighs but I'm pretty sure they've shrunk a bit. I certain feel better in my running tights than I did before!

I carry a lot of my weight in my arms and sadly those don't seem to have changed. Again I didn't measure, but I have a couple of things with very tight non-stretchy sleeves to judge by.

My tummy has always been quick to flatten (albeit wobbly unless I exercise and also bearing the reminder that I carried twins) and it is currently flatter than I would expect given that I'm not exercising and I'm still over 12 stone.

I cinch a lot of clothes in with a wide stretchy belt from wolford; I have them in lots of colours now and they are also great for filling in gaping tops.

All good stuff really :smile:
10 May 2013, 17:40
soonaddsup wrote: I am an hourglass and have lost a bit from everywhere but especially my waist. I now find it very difficult to get clothes which fit my hips without gaping at the waist.

Unfortunately, fewer women now are a classic hourglass shape so clothes are not made to accomodate that shape.

It's true, I must get one of those wide belts! As to the pattern of my weightloss it is disappearing from my waist, faster than anywhere else but it is going slowly elsewhere I think. I read somewhere that it is much more difficult to lose fat from the hips and thighs bum than waist, although it is not as bad for you to carry it there.
10 May 2013, 18:08
I find that I've gone from an ample apple dumpling to a little apple strudel and my husband has gone from a very large boar to a very large bore! :yawn: He did the diet with me for about 3 months, lost over a stone then fell by the wayside when his blood stats did not improve. He has a kidney disease and had hoped this would help but he just loves food too much, sigh!

Now I get nagged about not eating enough but at least I can see my toes without having to stand in front of a full length mirror first, :rotfl:

Ballerina X
10 May 2013, 18:24
I have a large hour glass figure and seem to be losing from, believe it or not, places like my fingers, forearms and even neck! What am I going to look like after a couple more stone!
10 May 2013, 18:30
Oh my, Ballerina, thank God that boars don't eat strudel!!!! ;-)
10 May 2013, 18:38
I find I have lost most inches from around my hips and bust and a few from my waist, but don't think I will ever have a hour glass figure (currently 36-33-38)
40 posts Page 1 of 3