The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

27 posts Page 1 of 2
So your fed up? Been really good and busted your rear end then jump on the scale and booo only lost a pound in two weeks, terrible right?....WRONG!!...

One pound is more significant than you think visualise what a pound equals imagine these things hanging on your belt.....

What Equals a Pound of Fat? Five Pounds? Ten?

Things That Weigh Approximately One Pound:

Package of butter (4 sticks)
1 football
1 package of bacon
1 box of brown sugar

Approximately Three Pounds:

Two-slice toaster
Steam Iron
Can of Crisco Shortening
Box of Wine

Approximately Five Pounds:
Mr. Coffee 12-cup Coffeemaker
A pair of Men's size 10 Hiking Boots
A Two Liter Bottle of Soda
Bag of Sugar

Approximately Ten Pounds
9 Ft. Market Umbrella
Large Bag of Potatoes
6 Ft. Aluminum Step Ladder
Adult Maltese Dog..

Keep going 1 lb is a lot of weight!
Thanks for this - it's is amazing what 1lb actually is!
I've lost 5.5lbs so far - i really hadn't thought about how much that is!
Yes but what about if we haven't lost even that pound? :-(
Ah, never mind, perhaps better losses (of weight, that is) will come...
I had to giggle, PML, at the wonderfully random selection of items...did you go round your house weighing everything in sight? How did you keep the dog on the scales?

Love it. :lol:
LOL!! just spotted the dog there at the end - how funny!!!
Love the post......especially as I put on 2lb this week but overall I've still lost 19lb. I was hoping to lose a lb as it would have taken me to 22lb = 10kg = one of those huge bags of cat/dog dried food that I struggle to lift. Must go round the house to see what weighs 19lb and try carrying it around for a while.
Astonishingly, I have lost 20 kg...that's the equivalent of a bag of horse feed. I can barely carry a bag of horse feed...I wonder how I ever moved about at all and why I don't feel a lot more lively now without it?!
If you want to visualise your weight loss go to the Supermarket and stack 500gram packs of lard, and that what you've lost ; now stack the extra packs of lard that you have to lose 'cos it is lard.

regards

beach bum
What a marvelous way to visualise the loss of weight Beach Bum, I'm going to try that this weekend. I might get some strange looks but I don't care!
I have lost 6.6 maltese dogs in total. Careless.
Years ago, there was a display at my local county fair of a hunk of suet vacuum-sealed in plastic. I forget the weight of it now...5 or 10 pounds. And when I say a hunk of fat, I mean unrefined in any way. It was amorphous and still with slight pink streaks from who knows what substance from the cow. It really got the point across as to what that extra fat on a body was really like. Unfortunately I didn't keep that lesson in mind as I gained weight. Thanks for the reminder, PML.
Another way to look at "only one pound" For every excess pound of fat, your heart has to send blood through another mile of blood vessels.
http://www.georgetownuniversityhospital ... ?id=558369
campanula wrote: I have lost 6.6 maltese dogs in total. Careless.

LOL! :lol:

That's an impressive number of dogs...let's hope they don't find their way home again!
:dog2: :dog2: :dog2: :dog2: :dog2: :dog2: :dog:
Thanks for that, I've lost about a stone and a half of weight and hardly anyone has noticed (I have a lot to lose), seeing that makes me feel much better and reflect on how odd it is that we can spread a whole dog around our bodies and still not necessarily notice! I'm sure there's a very bizarre nightmare in that idea!
I love that list! Think I'd notice a 6 foot aluminium step ladder :)
27 posts Page 1 of 2