The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

19 posts Page 2 of 2
Swedey, I've been meaning to tell you, don't vanish from the forums, please. Do stop by from time to time, even just to say hello.
Hello I'm not vanishing! Just not logging on every hour which is pretty much what I was doing.

I get like that, too obsessive - need to take control!

Fast day today and have just eaten, and still starving....doh!
Been aware after other forms of dieting that wieght can fluctuate a lot (and on a daily basis) but as a relatively newcomer to 5/2 finding that my scales are all over the place! Add in impact of exercise and I find belt buckles are much better than scales for measuring progress. I have decided not just to "take a break" but change my goal setting to clothes sizes completely.
Hi Swedzy, please don't leave the forum for too long! I'm a daily weigher and know that it can be frustrating to see the scales fluctuate, and worse, increase, but I just like that daily weigh in to keep my weight under control. I don't pay attention to little decreases or increases and if I put on 500g it isn't the end of the world. The important thing is to relax and not get obsessive about weight, and if the scales are making you obsessive then you are doing the right thing in ditching them.
Good luck with the losing of centimetres instead!
19 posts Page 2 of 2