The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

48 posts Page 3 of 4
Fasters, thanks for the replies. Let me say that I am fairly ignorant about how computers/websites/blogs work. A few weeks ago I was researching pizza on the grill recipes and dough recipes. So maybe that is why the ad popped up yesterday. I agree you can eat pizza but I just think we are all on this website because we are trying to lose weight. That sort of ad is counterproductive to what we all are trying to achieve.
clairemarie - pizza is just one of the foods that many people eat on their non-fast days.

On a recent topic, regarding what was eaten on non-fast days, pizza looked positively healthy in comparison with some of the foods being discussed!!
Hi, here in the U.S., I'm getting ads from a Southern California clinic specializing in anorexia patients !!! Think I'd prefer the pizza !!!!!!!
Yes I've tried the wings with hot sauce - bit too spicey for me unfortunately :( it's odd, I used to handle hot foods just fine, but I had a tooth out about 5 years ago and since then I just can't take the heart. Very strange.

As for the pizza ads, that would make sense if you've been searching for pizza info recently then Google's ads would think pizza ads are relevant to you.
Well I love it also. And I could not eat just one slice at least I haven't learned to yet. For me pizza is in the treat category like ice cream. My demon is that I am a carboholic. And I do not want to get kicked off the site for not getting along but carbs and fat(cheese)is the best food combination to make fat on the body.
I'm sorry that the ad has bothered you, but as it seems to have popped up due to your recent searches there's not much I can suggest except that you get an ad blocker. Sorry!
Moogie. you do not have to say sorry. I now understand that no matter where you go on the net someone is watching. Like I said I'm not that savvy when it comes to tech concepts. Thank you for your input and I will look into adblocker.
Moogie- had the wings in Nandos yesterday, very nice and meaty!
Oooh I love a Domino's occasionally. Thin crust veggie volcano, YUM!! Unfortunately our last one arrived overcooked and generally not nice which we had not experience before. Then on facebook my friend mentioned they'd had one that night too and loads of other people commented that they had too. Must have had half the local population having a pizza that night, no wonder it was awful! It's put us off for a while but I'm thinking I might order another tomorrow, just to check :-)
BTW on a fast day today hence my long reply to this topic, pizza is just what I'm craving LOL!!
You should complain Jenny, if you escalate it up to the chain they eventually give you free things or refunds :) I do love complaining to big companies (only legitimately of course!).

Dragonbirdy: I wish we had a Nandos! We don't have any Mexican places down here in tiny Weymouth. We used to have a local place, El Mexico, which was fantastic, but it closed down :( Actually tomorrow night we're doing a Mexican night here, I'm doing loads of cooking tomorrow - homemade chilli, Mexican rice, cornbread, crispy chicken fajitas... we'll have cheesy nachos and dips and a homemade key lime pie for dessert - and plenty of margaritas throughout! ... yup, it's a fast day today and I'm looking forward to my Friday Feast! :D
I really should have complained, never mind, if it happens again though I'm on it ;-)

I also love my Friday feasts Moogie, I love fasting on a Thursday and letting my hair down on a Friday, feels like I've earned it, which indeed we have!
Same here - and then I feast to a lesser degree on Saturday and somewhat better on Sunday and pile on the veg with my roast :D
I like Friday feasts too, same as Moogie on Saturdays and Sundays, man, I look forward to those Monday fasts though!
Moogie- that sounds lush! Love Mexican food, it's all so vibrant and nommy :)
Have a good night!
Hi Clairemarie,
I've made grilled pizzas on the BBQ-Yum!! You really can throw the raw dough straight on the BBQ grill! The recipes on the net work well. Good luck.
48 posts Page 3 of 4