The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

8 posts Page 1 of 1
Back on the straight and narrow
09 Jun 2013, 21:52
Right, I think we all know I was hanging on to the wagon by the skin of my teeth over the last 2 weeks, but I'm off for a weekend in London for a blogging conference (Britmums Live if you're interested) in 2 weeks, and staying at a fancy hotel with a good friend and I don't want the weekend to be marred at all by my inability to stick with anything that lasts longer than a wine gum. So, I'm back on it, and riding up front.

Tomorrow, being a new day/new week etc, I am going to fast the way that I know works for me, I'm going to Shred my backside off in the evening and I am going to write some more delicious recipes.

Get IN!
Aaaaaah a trip to London can be such a boost! I can eat practically nothing for days when I know I'm going there.
Have a good time fasting till then and a wonderful time when you get there!!!

If you don't mind me asking, which area are you staying at?
I'm staying at the Hoxton in Shoreditch.

I used to live in London and never really made the most of it, but since moving to the south coast, I LOVE a trip to the big smoke. Aahhhh London!
I'm not very familiar with the area -although it is not far from Spitalfields and Liverpool Street- but the Hoxton gets great reviews on Trip Advisor. I'm sure you will love it!
If you have the time, check out The Breakfast Club, I hear it's goooooood!

London is the love of my life, I miss it so much when I'm not there that I think my heart aches!
Yes London is lovely. I lived there for a few months in my misspent youth :).
I feel for you imcountingufoz re hanging onto the wagon by the skin of your teeth
its hard yakka this business at times so have fun getting back on track
be looking to see how you get on :)
I'm with you...on the back on the straight and narrow bit. ;)

I wasn't so good on last week's fasts. Nothing too extreme. Just some snacking and a few extra calories late evenings. Hoping to do better this week.

Today was a feed day, but in a weird way I feel like I did pretty good. I ate some high calorie foods, but I only had one meal. I skipped breakfast and lunch because I wasn't hungry and had frozen pizza and a hot fudge sundae for an early dinner. And I'm not at all inclined to snack this evening.

I wish I were with you on the going to London in 2 weeks part of things though. Sounds like a fun trip for you. :)
I am too excited. Just me and my friend Alice (and a bunch of other bloggers). No kids, no husband, no nappy changes or backchat from my 5 year old, lots of cocktails and cava. BLISS!
Have a blast imcountingufoz!
8 posts Page 1 of 1