The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

5 posts Page 1 of 1
I'm back on 5:2 gp having slipped away because I was not losing and got distracted by the dukan diet... Well, that 's certainly not a sustainable one and I've come back here inspired by a friend who's been steadily doing 5:2 successfully since January.

I've put on a few more pounds, and now summer hol is only a month away. But I'm not going to do my usual pre hol crash, I've decided slow and steady wins the race and I'd much rather do this!

Also can't help being inspired by mimi spencer who seems to have lost masses on this diet. Thing that I know is my downfall: how do you stop yourself eating too much on non fast days??
Welcome back, I'm glad your friend is doing well on 5:2.
Your question about how to avoid overeating on non fast days - I use MyFitnessPal to keep a track of how much I eat, I find it helps me be more mindful about what I'm eating. Also if you do eat that whole bar of chocolate it is less easy to pretend it didn't happen if you account for it.
That's my way of doing it, others have different strategies, browse the forum, ask your 5:2 friend for support and Good Luck :clover:
Hey, welcome back Rosieposie.

How do you stop yourself over eating.... Willpower.

How much do you really want to lose weight??!!!
Remember on 5:2 you can eat what you want.?.... But do you REALLY want it????

You CAN do this WOE. Good luck.

Lesley
Welcome back!!

I've found the over eating gets better by itself over time, I rarely over eat on feed days now and I don't really overthink things, I just eat what I fancy and I'm lucky enough to want to eat mostly healthy food now (which was not the case in the beginning!)

Otherwise I sometimes ask myself if I really want something like lesley54 says, and if I do I eat it, but often I decide that I don't want it afterall.
Hi Rosieposie and welcome back well you are so right about this WOE being sustainable coz I've never taken to any diet the way I have with this and its working for me. How do I now stop myself overeating on non fast days its a total mystery to me how it happened but my head is in the correct place at the right time, then the lbs come off and you're so motivated. My advice would be reread the book + read some of the blogs etc+posts by the real people on this forum, truly amazing. Then just tell yourself I can do that coz basically if I can you most definitely can.
Read my blog/horror + check out my stats(morbid obese) you don't want to end up like me now do you, believe me its so easy to do you'll remember that + ducan being not for you. Good luck :clover: Sue
PS tomorrows weigh-in sees me hitting 1:5stones :like:
5 posts Page 1 of 1