The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

40 posts Page 1 of 3
My knickers are too big!
21 Jun 2013, 08:31
Well they are, I have spend the last few days , discreetly, rearranging the blighters :)

Why is this I mused... Well since starting 5:2 ( and being convinced I would not like it) my butt has shrunk, my jelly belly is more wobble board, my thighs are getting smaller, my sweet tooth has all but gone. Now I must tell you I was pick and mix queen here, out rivalling many a small child with my want/ greed for a packet of Haribos. I now ( mostly) only eat when I am hungry and I stop eating when I am full.
In fact my whole eating habits have changed for the better.
My denim cutoffs now fit perfectly, a lot of my t shirts are on the baggy side and I eat so much fish it's frightening.
My weight loss has slowed right down, but does this really matter, meh me thinks not. I am not stressed about food. I don't religiously count calories, off setting exercise for food, or carb count or anything count to be honest. I know how much my body needs and when it needs it and I , the majority of the time, listen to it.
And the result of all this rambling post - baggy pants! Result ! :)
Re: My knickers are too big!
21 Jun 2013, 08:40
Hi can't agree with you more about counting etc I just don't bother either just eat more healthier foods etc.
My knickers are same bought 6 pack earlier in year they're good quality & comfy fit (were) thinking of taking them in lol :like: Sue
21 Jun 2013, 08:44
Haha the baggy knicker brigade :) :)

How do you take in knickers , hahaha made me lol the thought of you doing that SueQ
21 Jun 2013, 09:41
Believe me my old singer machine is going to be working overtime, coz I'm not ready to purchase a complete new wardrobe yet, but I am using from the 'back' of it tops especially, some I've not worn before and some not for long while are now feeling soooo much better.
Happy bunny Happy Sewing :heart: Sue
21 Jun 2013, 10:05
Woo Hoo on the baggy knickers, what a great feeling! :grin:
21 Jun 2013, 10:17
I have a nice pair of shorts but the belts weren't working anymore so I cable-tied two of the belt loops together yesterday. Function over fashion...

New knickers would be nice tho! :-)
21 Jun 2013, 11:10
woo hoo I know that feeling of baggy nickers, when i bought new ones I bought a cheapy packet of nickers to get me thru until I get down to a weight i'll be at for a while but it was really nice to be able to buy them after so many years at a larger size
21 Jun 2013, 11:29
Yay - baggy knickers !

Rather pleased with the job I've made of taking in my bra - did it last night in front of Eastenders, and its snug and comfy today - result. Hopefully wont need to invest in any new ones till I reach target.
21 Jun 2013, 13:38
When I started 5:2 in January, I never really thought it would work, so I went and bought some Per Una bras and knickers! Now the bras gape and the knickers are in danger of falling off when I walk! I have taken to wearing trousers rather than dresses as I don't want the embarassment of my knickers being around my knees when shopping :oops:
I'm not sure that I would have the patience or know how in taking a bra in.. so I shall just have to buy something smaller :smile:
21 Jun 2013, 14:19
Wow, people really take in knickers and bras??? Wish I knew how to sew so I could do it too!!!
21 Jun 2013, 15:39
My nip and tuck on my bra
21 Jun 2013, 16:59
I'm impressed!

I'm too lazy and enjoy shopping too much to sew. However I'm hanging on to my baggies till it all becomes indecent :)
21 Jun 2013, 18:03
I was going out last night and my original wardrobe choice was in the wash. I pulled out a pair of jeans that I haven't worn for ages and which were always a little tight. I put them on and thought they felt a bit loose. By the time, I walked to the kitchen, they were about to fall off my hips - I ended up having to hunt out a belt to keep them up.
21 Jun 2013, 19:59
Great feeling clothes getting looser I've just got ready to go out and tried a top on that I've Never worn (shocking) why do women do that?
Anyway its fit and very nicely WOW dead chuffed.
Good idea about the adjustment of bra's thanks for that minumumonline
might just have to resort to that coz I've run out of hooks+eyes lol
Love this WOE :clover: :heart: :like: Sue
21 Jun 2013, 20:09
Nicky_94 wrote: Wow, people really take in knickers and bras??? Wish I knew how to sew so I could do it too!!!

You & me too .... I'm ashamed to admit that the only thing I know how to sew is a button ......... & then I'm proud of myself!
40 posts Page 1 of 3