The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

51 posts Page 4 of 4
That's my mantra! Keep it simple. For me that's the attraction to this plan of eating. No counting cals, points etc. It's working and without any real pain, guilt or disappointment. X
I'm all for the simple way of life and 5:2 is just that.
I love how you can pick it up and put it aside when you need to, change days to suit etc. It's simple to do and also do-able without people realising what you are doing.
I've had a bit of a plateau but this forum tells me this is quite normal and it did end so I am carrying on regardless.
I don't count now, did at the start as I had no idea what food had what calories! :grin:
I would not do it if it was complicated.
5 days normsl eating, 2 days just drinking water, tea and coffee; No worries about calories. Very simple and easy for me but not suitable for everyone
I like keeping it simple too. I think that's what attracted me :)
I haven't been tempted by 4:3 or ADF or Dukan or low-carb, but I have on some non-fast days done 16:8 because it is what I hope to do for maintenance and I'm giving myself a "taste" (pardon the pun) for it. I have to admit I don't really like fasting (or keeping to 500 calories) all day and I really don't think that once I reach goal I could be motivated to continue fasting in a 5:2 way. I really HATE counting calories, period, full stop. I'm not even really doing it now - I have a normal dinner but in the same size portion as my 6 year-old daughter, on the theory that she can't put away 450+ calories in one sitting. The idea of being able to eat whatever I want every day, albeit within a certain time window, seems much more sustainable (and simple!) for me. I think it may also have helped me get off a plateau, but that could be coincidence.

I get what simcoeluv is saying that there is nothing that inherently restricts your calorie intake in a 16:8 WOE, except the fact that no one can really spend the whole 8 hours every day eating. You might, at first, gorge yourself sick because the "shackles" of being careful have been taken off, but you can't do that forever. Whose life (and finances) would permit it?
51 posts Page 4 of 4