The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

51 posts Page 1 of 4
Who else just wants to keep it simple - follow the original 5:2, ala Dr. MM ?? I started with the Dr. M Horizon programme and the weight loss was going well . . maybe slowly, but well. I've read about 16:8, 4:3, Dukan Attack, low carb etc. etc. Thought about all this and tried a few different variations but, you know, the original and very SIMPLE 5:2 was the reason I was so attracted to this lifestyle in the first place ... and, you know, it is the only thing in "years" that has worked for me and I think I will just continue with the tried and true for as long as I can.

Anyone with me ??????????????
:like: :like: :like: :grin: :grin:
Totally agree. In the long run, this is the normal lifestyle for us. (Still watching out for high GI and enjoying all benefits!) :smile:
Yep. Simple is working for me. Eat normally 5 days (am not a binge eater), fast for 2 (500 cals or so). Still working on avoiding the afternoon headache :doh: ... not coffee, salt or water related ... think it's low blood pressure related ... am experimenting with skipping breakfast and eating a small lunch, as that's when it starts. Still, it's pretty straightforward though. :like:
I do 4:3, but otherwise keep it simple. I'll admit, though, I've been lucky. My weight loss has been pretty steady. I think people make it more complicated when they aren't losing weight.
Yup, I'm staying with the simple but easy version too. Tried to mix it around once only to find that it stopped working. I just have to be happy with (& am) 1lb a fortnight , which since I' not that far from my target weight, is only to be expected.

I'm certainly not complaining, 5 days a week I not on a diet :like:
I love 5:2 and its simplicity and flexibility. I guess I'm doing it right. At least I think I am doing what works (slowly) for me. I've been away from scales traveling in motorhome for a week, so am not sure of exactly where I am weight-wise. Today I wore a skort that was way too tight for me a month ago! Yay! :victory:

As I am looking for health benefits as well as weight (borderline type 2 diabetes and high cholesterol), I am eating generally low refined carb, high vegetable and fruit, and some dairy. It suits me; I feel well and in control eating this way, with the odd WayHey day, of course! :grin:

I toyed with 16:8, but found that it wasn't currently a good fit. In the future? Who knows. :?:
I prefer the simplicity of the original. Although I've tried to go a bit lower carb this week to get the weight loss starting again. I'll see how it goes for a couple of weeks.
The simple 5:2 is all I have ever done, and it got me to my target! I still do it on maintenance now except I can sometimes do 6:1 instead. I have always kept all my calories until evening.

For me, combining it with 16:8 on the non-fast days as others seem to manage would feel very restrictive and too much like a 'real' diet.
Simplicity is totally the appeal for me. It's early days yet, but I so hope normal feed days (normal for me) can be just that, and overall 5:2 creates the deficit I need, plus the added health benefits too. Already chocolate seems to have lost it's allure, :grin: must be magic.
Yep, I'm on the 5:2... simple is very much for me! :)
Yes, straight-up 5:2 for me and I'm very happy with my 4 months weight loss of 8.5kg.
Just a bit of hunger on fast day afternoons and enjoy my food the rest of the week!
I am a great fan of 5:2 and it has been the only way of eating that has been sustainable for me. It is simple, easy and it works, albeit slowly, and on occasions not at all, but, it always starts up again if you are patient. The only reason I don't do 6:1 for maintenance is that I really can't bear to count calories, even for one day a week but as I have reverted to my 'young person' way of eating i.e. skip breakfast and don't nibble at night, I have no need of my calories counting books and they have all gone in the bin. I think it is only those who are struggling to lose weight that start to complicate things and I think that is a manifestation of frustration.

Ballerina x :heart:
I'm keeping it simple too, I hadn't even thought of dieting before seeing the Horizon programme but it's changed my life, I'm no longer overweight. :victory:

I did 4:3 a couple of times when I had made a pig of myself but the bingeing is now under control, just a bad memory.

Simple 5:2 works for me. :like:
5:2 is the foundation for me any tweaks have happened as Ballerina describes to suit my situation. Totally agree though that 5:2 is the :star: of the show and elegant in its simplicity
51 posts Page 1 of 4