The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

22 posts Page 1 of 2
Having dropped 24 Kgs I have received quite some compliments. The nicest being that I look so much younger, and my skin is glowing.

What has been your nicest compliment?
Well my best friend is always saying 'your legs are so skinny now' but I don't actually think skinny legs is good so I'd rather he say shapely!
Compliment I 'like' was from another friend who said you don't need to lose anymore :)
Lil :heart:
I like when people say something like: "You look great, did you change your hair or something?" Or. "Hey, have you been working out?"
43tweaker wrote: I like when people say something like: "You look great, did you change your hair or something?" Or. "Hey, have you been working out?"

My sister said "You've been working out!" when I saw her last month. I haven't "worked out" in quite a few years! :grin:
"Wow, I didn't recognize you from the back...you don't look anything like you did a year ago".
"have you got any ID?"
"have you got any ID?"
(I'm 34)
I've had a few "I didn't recognize you", but my favorite is when my colleague called me "shrinking lady".
The other day a colleague told me I was "disappearing" lol and another colleague who, when I walked pasted him said "look at you Slim Jim!!" Those compliments make me giggle but make me feel great too!
Lots of comments from friends over the past few months - but those that really touched me was on this forum when I updated my pic - a few people even thinking there was a "new suchard007" on the forum! How lovely :) xx
Mine is that I look more relaxed, less stressed out. It's a surprising one but, for me it means that there is a balance between my body and my state of mind and it's even more important than being thin as I have some body image issues since forever.
' wow, where is the rest of you.?'
DH saying 'you really are so much slimmer you look great keep going!'
My son saying 'your legs look great in those tights mum' when I asked him do these look alright
Hubby saying, 'you go in at the middle now', and my daughter saying ' baggy clothes look so much better than they did before'. I have a long way to go, but it all helps, even if it is a slightly off centre compliment.
Hi harri no one has really noticed my weight loss yet,including me!
But i got a sort of backhanded compliment from a friend the other day..we were bemoaning our figures and she said to me,yeh but youve got a REAL arse,a proper arse! I THINK she meant it in a nice way!
"Wow! You look hot!" From a mate who I haven't seen since Dec 2012. Just received this compliment a couple of weeks ago when we met up at a seminar.

"O, you look so pretty." From a friend I have not seen for three years.

"I am going to need to check your ID." On two occasions, once from a barmaid at a pub and once from a sales assistant at a bottle shop. I am 38 and I can't remember the last time I was asked for ID.

Also, I had a 24 year old guy from church nearly ask me out on a date. I stopped him before he had the chance to really finish what he was saying as he didn't know how old I was so I filled him in about our age difference. He replied saying that he thought that I was older than him but only by maybe a year or two. That was really sweet but while unlikely biologically I could be his mother and I am not interested in going out with someone who is old enough to be my child.
22 posts Page 1 of 2