The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

33 posts Page 2 of 3
I supposedly have a BMI lower than 83% of women 60-69 in my country. And 59% in the world. I am most like someone from Sudan.
Wait. Isn't that one of those places where people are starving to death?
carorees wrote: Anyone able to imagine nearly 69 million tonnes of fat?

It's approximately 69 million cubic metres (it's a bit more but it's Friday night and I'm not getting out the calculator for relative densities). :) I'm appalling at visualisation but apparently it's in the ballpark for the volume of the Southern Ocean (proper volume, not just area).
SSure wrote:
carorees wrote: Anyone able to imagine nearly 69 million tonnes of fat?

It's approximately 69 million cubic metres (it's a bit more but it's Friday night and I'm not getting out the calculator for relative densities). :) I'm appalling at visualisation but apparently it's in the ballpark for the volume of the Southern Ocean (proper volume, not just area).

Wow! :fat:

Imagine all that fat being used up, melting away. There would be gazillions of energy in the atmosphere... :wink:
Here goes
Now 23 BMI
I have a lower BMI than 85% of females aged 45-59 in the UK
I have a lower BMI than 65% of females aged 45-59 in the world
I'm most like someone from Singapore
Was 27 BMI
I had a higher BMI than 64% of females aged 45-59 in the world
I had a lower BMI than 57% of females aged 45-59 in the UK
I was most like someone from Turkmenistan
I have a BMI that is lower than 91% of women aged 45-59 in my country
77% for the whole world
------
It used to be 86% lower etc, in my country and 71 % in the world
----
This difference is totally due to 5:2 and the Fast Day Pages!!!
I know that If I had not found a diet that works - I was very desperate - I would have gained and gained.... :oops:
I can just about visualise one pound of fat but not tonnes!
Oh dear I am still adding to the global fat at the moment :frown:
My BMI is above average & higher than 68% of females aged 60-69 in the UK & higher than 82% of females aged 60-69 in the world. I am most like someone from Argentina! :grin:
Much work on losing weight still to be done. On a plus note my OH has a BMI of 25 but still needs to be lower but much better than me.
Well, I've done the test:
1st time it showed 0 BMI/Below Average Global/Below Average National
Most like somebody from Bangladesh :?:

So, I tried again...the same result and again...the same result.
I think it's broke :confused:
oh ohhhhh!!!!!

BMI 33
You have a higher BMI than 92% of females aged 45-59 in your country
You have a higher BMI than 90% of females aged 45-59 in the world
Your numbers
Obesity Index
25bmi
BMI is an estimate of how "overweight" or "obese" a person is
National :Below average
You have a lower BMI than 75% of females aged 60-69 in your country
Global :Below average
You have a lower BMI than 53% of females aged 60-69 in the world

Did you know?
If everyone in the world had the same BMI as you, it would add 15,892,687 tonnes to the total weight of the world's population .
Um, ok right!
BMI 27
National
Below average
You have a lower BMI than 61% of females aged 45-59 in your country

Global
Above average
You have a higher BMI than 61% of females aged 45-59 in the world

That'll do. 6lb to go to goal,
I'm like @ssure in that my BMI is 98% lower than other 60-69 year olds in the UK and 91% lower globally and I'm more like someone from Bangladesh! Rest assured I do not have an eating disorder and I'm not super skinny! I'm at a really healthy, maintainable weight for me and that's all that matters.
National Below average You have a lower BMI than 83% of females aged 60-69 in your country
Global Below average You have a lower BMI than 63% of females aged 60-69 in the world
Bit worried about being Japanese as I have always thought of them as small, better than fron Hungry and the percentages of 61 and 67.
Very interesting.
PennyForthem wrote: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-18770328

I got
You have a lower BMI than 85% of females aged 60-69 in your country
You have a lower BMI than 66% of females aged 60-69 in the world

When I started, I had
You have a higher BMI than 84% of females aged 60-69 in your country

Thanks @moogie

What will you get by measuring fat with most accurate body fat scale?

Hi
What should be the BMI of Women aged between 20-25??
BMI is the same for males and females (age isn't a factor):

http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/educati ... micalc.htm

That said, it has been shown that the elderly are better off being a bit on the heavier side BMI-wise.

Even though BMI is consider the go-to measure for a variety of organizations, it doesn't accurately portray athletic or muscular people very well. It does however provide a convenient starting place for initially determining where one's ideal weight might reside. Other methods can then be used to refine what might be a best weight.
peebles wrote: I supposedly have a BMI lower than 83% of women 60-69 in my country. And 59% in the world. I am most like someone from Sudan.
Wait. Isn't that one of those collagen supplements where people are starving to death?

Hello,
I think i agree with your point . Encourage children and teens to practice healthy weight habits by:
Eating healthy foods and beverages including water
Participating in physical activity on most (preferably all) days of the week
Getting adequate sleep
Limiting television viewing
33 posts Page 2 of 3