The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

31 posts Page 1 of 3
Which Day To Weigh?
09 Nov 2013, 20:45
Howdy! I was just wondering what day people prefer to weigh themselves. Is it the day after a fast or the day after that? Plus, do you weigh weekly or monthly?
Re: Which Day To Weigh?
09 Nov 2013, 20:50
The anniversary of starting this WOE is the 21st of each month for me. This is the day I take a photo of my stomach. That is my official date. However I have recently started recording every Saturday, regardless of whether it is a day after a fast day or not.
09 Nov 2013, 20:51
I weigh weekly. I started off weighing 2 days after my second fast (5:2) but changed it to the day after my last fast of the week (4:3/5:2). It doesn't really matter, if it's coming off it's coming off. :)
Dee
09 Nov 2013, 21:19
I weigh daily and enter it on an app that plots a trendline...the best way to stay sane IMHO! The app is called Libra (for Android phones). There are similar apps for ios though.
09 Nov 2013, 21:37
My weigh in day is Friday ( the day after my second fast). I know I am the lightest that day and can be 2-3 KGS heavier on a Monday morning after a weekend of way-haying but I just find that interesting. After 34 weeks and 37 pounds gone ( yay) as long as the trend is downward I figure weigh in when I'm the lightest- as it makes me happy. I just ignore the other daily bouncy weights.
Xxx julianna
09 Nov 2013, 22:58
The weighing days are a personal as this WOE can be for people. I weigh nearly every day. But, I only plot a weight if its lower than the last one. A bit naughty, which is why my progress chart is rather jerky.
09 Nov 2013, 23:28
When I started this WOE, I weighed weekly, the day after a fast. After a few months I bought scales and started weighing daily, recording in the true weight app. If you weigh daily, be prepared for ups and downs--it's par for the course, particularly with this WOE.
10 Nov 2013, 00:02
I weigh daily but only record when I lose. Too depressing otherwise!!
I trend in my head I really don't need an ap to tell me if I am going up or down and smooth it out for me.
10 Nov 2013, 00:38
I do the same as you Julie and Merlin-i only record a loss on the progress tracker. :-)
10 Nov 2013, 01:40
Like most others here I weigh myself on most days but, to be consistent, I log one weight a week - usually on Saturday, the second day after the second fast.
My weight is usally lowest on the Friday, but the Saturday weight feels more accurate - even though it's usually 1lb/half a kg more than on Friday. :bugeyes:
10 Nov 2013, 03:16
I record on the tracker my lowest low and it can take a few fasts to see what initially is most likely a water loss turn into a persistent and consistent new weight. I keep a record so I can look back at where I have been whilst on 5:2 over the months.
10 Nov 2013, 11:43
Hmm after reading all your lovely replies, I think I'll try weighing on Fridays...the day after my second fast of the week. Thanks everyone for your input :-)

@rawkaren you must have a lovely collection of pictures of your ever decreasing tummy...great idea!!
10 Nov 2013, 11:56
I weigh when I feel like it but always on Fridays, the day after my second fast of the week. I have done that for years so long before starting 5:2. It's the day that I now enter the new stats into progress tracker.
10 Nov 2013, 14:00
carorees wrote: I weigh daily and enter it on an app that plots a trendline...the best way to stay sane IMHO! The app is called Libra (for Android phones). There are similar apps for ios though.

I have also just installed the Android version of Libra, and have entered all of the data for my weight going back to when I started to weigh myself daily (which was 14 October 2013). This is what my data looks like on Libra:-

10 Nov 2013, 14:18
Oh John, yes, I can see that the lovely downhill slope...but don't you find it a bit disheartening on days when it goes up a bit?
31 posts Page 1 of 3