The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

36 posts Page 3 of 3
TML13, I think it's three things: 1) I'm not shy but I'm a bit of an introvert and don't really like a fuss, 2) I don't like admitting how much I had to lose (quite ashamed), and 3) the last time I lost a fair amount I regained it almost as soon as people had noticed I'd lost (so, pride and tempting fate issues). I'm getting better at accepting compliments now.
I think my husband was the first to comment. There were people I thought would comment when I'd lost about 1.5 stone, but didn't. But then I suddenly had a spate of people asking me how much weight I'd lost, which was really nice. Interestingly, we're seeing some of my husbands family, tomorrow night, for the first time since February, and we both predict that none of them will notice!
My great-aunt used to tell me that a compliment is a good thing and we should always accept it with a "thank you" and a smile. She said that what most people do -try to wave the compliment away- is rude.

So, when people say something nice, do accept it. And always compliment your friends, when they look nice or nicer. Be honest, be kind, be generous with your words. A day that starts with a genuine compliment is a good day!!! :-)
Nobody! Not one, single, flippin person has noticed, so bo!!ox to 'em. I know and I have gone down a size (oh yeah baby) so that's all that matters!

My OH notices,but then he has to, because he knows about and is doing 5:2, so that doesn't count. He has to notice or he knows he would end up living in the garden shed.

However he now knows that his terminology is not the best at times, for example.......
"wow hon your belly overhang is shrinking" got him a look that shrivelled his bits!

:) :) :)
Everyone who "noticed" knew I was doing this, so that doesn't count.

The kicker was this tiny friend I have. We ran into each other at the mall a few weeks ago and I told her I was shopping for new clothes because all of a sudden nothing fits anymore (very frustrating because the weight loss has been so gradual, so the non-fitting has been gradual too). Anyway she just assumed it was because I'd gained weight and admitted she couldn't see a difference either way (I told her I'd lost). Well, a few weeks later she came up to me and told me how she'd seen me leaning over getting something out of my backpack at lab and was like "who is that?" and when she saw it was me, she realized yes, I do look different :-).
Nobody has noticed yet but I think it's probably just too early for me. Last time I dieted I had to lose a good two stones before any change shows.

It is such a good feeling when someone comments so I'm looking forward to that day :)
36 posts Page 3 of 3