The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

36 posts Page 1 of 3
I have been doing this WOE for 4 1/2 months with a weight loss of 17 lbs and just had the first person notice. My mother :lol: . Thanks to my mom and it made me feel good but did not explain in too much detail how I have done it because she would think that I would surely die :razz: Feeling great and will continue this journey with all of you. How about you :?:
My daughter noticed first. But I gained so much weight in the last year that when I did see family they didn't seem to notice accept to say that I looked great.
30lbs down and no one has noticed yet apart from hubby and all he can say is that my stomach is now smaller than my boobs. Thanks, I think, hubby.

Then again I haven't seen anyone yet who I haven't seen since before I started fasting, so when I do, maybe they will notice.
Well my hubby + sister know I'm eating healthier + '' cutting down ''
So after asking me how much I'd lose (answer at time 22lbs) they each said separately ' I can tell ' so to me that's a sort of back handed compliment. But 3 weeks ago my friend who doesn't know what I'm up to did ask me if I'd lost weight Yes!!! Buy then it was 27lbs :heart:
Great feeling your achievements are so worth while :clover: Sue
After 2 weeks OH noticed that my face was thinner--I didn't notice it myself for another week. Daughter seeing me a month ago for the first time since starting 5:2, said "you look great!"

People I see often haven't commented much except the friend who has lost 25 - 30 pounds on ADF. She comes to exercise class in pants (trousers for you Brits) that are practically falling off! I'm sure she gets more notice because I only needed to lose 10 pounds--enough to get me into those clothes that were too tight for 5 years.

A couple of other relatives we haven't seen for a few years are due in this afternoon--we'll see if they say anything....
My mum was the first to notice my weight loss and I see her very often so I was surprised she noticed. (I think it was around two months into fasting but I can't remember exactly.)

Last week I met up an old school friend and her mum (I hadn't seen either for a long time) and they both noticed that I had lost a lot of weight and they both told me that I look great.
My mum did, right after I had finished the first week. My friends noticed after the second week though. And since they don't know I'm on a diet, I know that their compliments are for real. Although, to be honest, my friends aren't the fake-complimenting ones -thank God!!!

It feels great when people see you and tell you "woah, you lost weight" and then the same people see you after a week and say "you've lost more weight since the last time I saw you"!!!
My boyfriend was the first to notice, even before me. He still does. It's "funny" because as I lost weight since february he put on some. I don't worry for him he lost it very very very easily and in september all we be gone... until next year :cool:
A friend at work calls me the shrinking lady and my OH moans as my boobs and bum are getting smaller. Hahah!
I am lucky, my bum is getting smaller but my boobs are still the same. If it goes on like that, they will be so heavy for my weight I will fall down because of them (I am a F cup) :wink:
My grandma was the first to notice, I hadn't seen her for 6 months so I guess it's more dramatic. When i quizz him my husband says he has notice but he's not yhe type to give spontanious compliments. I'll see the rest of my family in August so we'll see if they notice anything.
Good question. My BH and I are both disappointed not to have notices, by family or friends. Me 18 lbs, she 10. That's a lot of flab. We love it, we feel good and healthy, but would also love some attention. Maybe they're all jealous. :wink:
Nope. No one has really noticed yet. *sigh*
Hang in there Janet M because they will notice ! It is like GolfinGoldy said, " Maybe they're all jealous. ". :grin: :lol: :wink:
My hubby doesn't notice - he sees me every day. When I tell him I'm wearing something I couldn't get into in years, he says "you probably just didn't wear it lately, not 'cause it didn't fit" - so, in other words, he thinks this whole thing is rubbish.

BUT, yesterday I went for my twice a month vitamin B12 shot (or jab) amd the gal who only sees me occasionally said "Have you lost weight? You should eat more" When I told her I'm intentionally trying to lose weight, she told me it was just great and I should keep going. Needless to say, I was delighted!!!! :like:
36 posts Page 1 of 3