The FastDay Forum

5:2 Diet 'Rules' & Variations

30 posts Page 1 of 2
Posting Your Stats
04 May 2013, 09:46
I want to broach a potentially sensitive area - posting your stats!! How do you feel about it? Shy? Your business only? No way!? Proud to post and display? Would like to but don't want others knowing your progress? Also, do you look at other people's stats and find yourself being motivated or otherwise? I myself love to know where other people are located, and often find it very motivating to view other stats. What are your feelings about this?
Re: Posting Your Stats
04 May 2013, 09:54
I love to see other peoples stats, it really motivates me, as does posting mine.

It's great to see where people live & how well they've done, & I'm both proud to post my stats & motivated to keep improving them - there's nowhere to hide!
04 May 2013, 10:02
I love seeing people's stats. The more info the better, especially when asking advice about something. I'm always more willing to respond to members who have their stats showing than those who don't. So don't be shy!
04 May 2013, 10:13
I think it gives good incentive to see other peoples stats. For those new to the WOE it helps show it can and does work.

I spent ages looking through stats and comments before deciding to give it a go. I also keep a full diet diary on fatsecret linked in my profile which is public.
04 May 2013, 11:26
I love seeing other people's stats but feel a bit ambivalent :confused: about showing my own progress.

Part of me wants to go "woohoo, look at me I've lost loads" and another part of me says "don't be a show off".

However if I am feeling too pleased with myself I remember that no one at work seems to have noticed any change and also that a few years ago I lost most of my excess weight and then put it all back on again leading to me needing to try this approach!

I feel so much better on this way of eating though that it would almost be worth doing if it hadn't brought my weight down. :like:
04 May 2013, 11:34
How do I post mine?

I'm happy for them to be on show.....especially if it means I get preferential treatment!! :wink:
04 May 2013, 11:55
Ha! Ha! preferential treatment indeed! :lol: we are an equal opportunity forum regardless of stats! Anyway for those who are trying to figure it out, and I do hope a lot of you are, go into View My Profile and take it from there. Looking forward to getting to know you better!
04 May 2013, 12:01
Franglaise wrote: I love seeing people's stats. The more info the better, especially when asking advice about something. I'm always more willing to respond to members who have their stats showing than those who don't. So don't be shy!

This is what I was referring to..... :wink:
04 May 2013, 12:12
Well...you've caught me out! It's human nature to be a little nosey, erm curious, isn't it? OMG is it just me? :lol: It can be really useful info. when posting, especially as a newbie. When you are asked to explain what is going right/wrong that can sometimes be difficult when you don't know starting weight, bmi, how long on the diet etc. Also, most forum members enjoy knowing where the other members are..We have so many different locations, muy internacionale!
04 May 2013, 12:29
IWould like to see peoples height also on the stats too. This also helps you gives you a comparison, people who are similar to yourself, which therefore gives you encouragement.
04 May 2013, 12:37
@Rachelt7 - You are hiding your light under a bushel! Your progress is WONDERFUL!! I see you are very modest about your achievement but imo you should be shouting your progress from the rooftops! It's both inspirational and aspirational and beautifully illustrates what can be achieved. We're all different, and I appreciate that some people are slow losers, but this forum is here to encourage and support everyone and that includes the people who are doing brilliantly well - like YOU! I think your stats would be very encouraging for newbies and oldies alike, don't be shy - at least think about it!
04 May 2013, 12:55
I've clicked the right buttons but mine don't show up. Help! Also tried putting up an avatar but no luck. Am I doomed?
04 May 2013, 12:59
:oops: ah, thanks dhana.
04 May 2013, 13:04
Definitely agree with dhana, Rachelt7. I have heaps to lose, so knowing that there are people out there who have been so successful is really motivating. Well done! It's not bragging-it is confirmation.
04 May 2013, 13:15
I agree that seeing other forum users stats is motivational & I also find that it helps me to not fool myself by making public how far I still have to go & realising seeing others that there are other slow losers like me. Honesty with oneself I find is necessary particularly since I have lost focus in the past two weeks in fooling myself that I can get away with eating more than usual on eating days & continue to lose weight :cry: & with only managing one fast this week :frown:
I must try to get back on track this week!!
30 posts Page 1 of 2