The FastDay Forum

Benefits & Side Effects

18 posts Page 1 of 2
Does 5:2 Diet Banish Cellulite?
18 Aug 2013, 14:04
One for the 5:2 ladies!

I've been on the 5:2 for three weeks, and have continued to exercise 4-5 per week. I'm still wibbly-wobbly, because my upper arms & thighs absolutely refuse to tone up (despite running, walking, yoga & weights) and I've got the dreaded cellulite just about EVERYWHERE.

Does 5:2 help diminish this orange-peel annoyance? Will it help zap my bingo wings?

It appears to trim waists, so can it help with those awkward bits too?

Sorry if this has been asked before :grin:

Many thanks
No it will not banish cellulite, but my experience has been that as you lose fat the cellulite changes from say cottage cheese to orange peel consistency - anyway it does look better, but it's still there!
Dancinhamster, it's been asked before, because WE ARE ALL experiencing the same thing. It is truly the one negative thing about the weight loss\. I'm trying some of the lotions and I'm trying to get the nerve up to try the cold towels around the arms...just not there yet. So, we look great in clothes, a little less great without clothes. But by george we are healthier!
I'm trying to minimise the orange peel etc by moisturising EVERY time after I shower. The Nivea Q19 Firming Body Lotion is cheap and seems to be working pretty well.
At 57yrs I'm being particularly lavish around my neck area!
Tops of my legs are definitely wobbly though, but hey, when I'm in my swimmers I figure it's other people's problem if it bothers them! :shock:
We all do have the saggy-baggy factor but I would rather be this way: Mobile, more energetic and slim, enjoying my clothes, confident-off-the-peg shopping, feeling comfortable and looking smart. Uplifted spirits and morale are the big advantage!
I also found Q10 firming Nivea lotion helps reduce sagging, but for the past week I have used coconut oil all over after a bath and my skin is so much better and noticeably less wrinkly (used the pinch test, amazing change). It sinks in fast, doesn't smell, and moisturises really well. I also eat a couple of teaspoons a day and count the calories; use it in cooking.(Incidentally the "tummy apron" pouches are definitely smaller - might be the coconut oil treatment helping).
Little anecdote: while cuddling my neck, our 3 year old grandson said in confidential tone and lowered voice " Grandma do you know your skin's not fixed on?" !!!! I really didn't mind :smile:
No, not mine!
Mine is clinging on for dear life, and there's a lot of it clinging.
Haha! Thank you, ladies! It's a damn curse isn't it?
I've tried a lot of cream, massages, knobbly-things - all to no avail! Ah well, as you say - at least we're healthier :-) xx
Apparently there's a phase where the fat cells contain water instead and I think that's when the cellulite is particularly bad. You go from solid fat to flabbily...I want to come out the other side.

I'm quite the work of art atm with my clothes off! :-)
I'm quite the work of art atm with my clothes off! :-)[/quote]

LOL :like:
Well, more an installation, lots of stuff in motion..
BBT053 wrote: Well, more an installation, lots of stuff in motion..

LOL! :lol: :lol: Me too!
Eventually the body will realise that it doesn't need these empty water filled fat cells anymore and it will break them down and absorb them. But, you are looking at years not months for the process to work, depending on how much you have to lose.
I am using coconut oil everywhere, but giving my bingo wings (why are they called bingo wings), apron and thighs extra massage as I rub it in. My skin hasn't looked this good in years.
Coconut oil? I cook with it, but now I'll definitely try it on my dry skin - thank you, ladies :-) xx
I've been on diet for 8 months now and yesterday noticed cellulite had diminished on upper legs. I was so shocked I kept thinking I was imagining it. But no, I think its true! I am 50 and have dropped just over a stone to 7 st 7.
18 posts Page 1 of 2