The FastDay Forum

Benefits & Side Effects

346 posts Page 18 of 24
Previous 1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 24 Next
For me, it is feeling cold and some nights not sleeping very well.
I have done two 500 cal days. Poor sleep was the worst side effect. I paced my calories out over the day starting with fresh orange juice at 11 am and ending with lowfat yogurt with some granola over at 9 30 pm. A lot of tea over the day and no coffee as I prefer a latte :) Perhaps too much tea but no more than usual intake? Maybe the same tea with relatively less food has a greater 'hit'? Caffeine free stuff in evening of course. Also a bit of acidity and maybe that is result of tea/less food.
So far all I have is the feeling sooo cold on fast days and then of course waking up the next day with a headache. Sleep tends to be a problem but then I did have that before I started this. I wake up most nights between 3 and 5 and then can't get back to sleep for an hour or more. Of course when the alarm goes I am wrecked. Doc says it's stress so no point me blaming in on this.

Feeling cold is the worst for me so started wrapping up in a fleece blanket during evening.

Noticed the dry skin bit like Manderley said but again put it down to my skin just being drier than usual. Must keep an eye on that.
Hello! Just read the last couple of posts (as I was coming on here to complain about something else....)

The feeling cold is horrible, I always have a problem with freezing feet and on fast days I do tend to really feel the cold. In the winter, in my drafty old house, it wasn't easy.

Rarely get headaches these days, which I did for the first few weeks, so hopefully it's the same for you, Alexandra.

I've also had trouble with constipation (sorry if tmi), and now I have just one thing say: piles.

Never had them before, not even when pregnant, and I'm NOT happy about it!

Grr.
Bizarrely it makes me a bit "hyper" during the day....useful in its way....but not at night!!

Not so good.

14 stone this morning ....down from 14.6. :like:
Hi, my fast days start about 7.00pm the night before and I have been starting my fast day with 100 cal breakfast and then using my remaining cals for my evening meal at about 7.00pm. Like many of you I suffer with feeling cold on fast days :?: especially my hands and feet and occasionally have had to resort to wearing socks in bed. Another negative side effect is leg cramps. The cramps come on usually at night regardless of whether or not it's been a fast day. Because of this and feeling tired (prob not diet related) I have just finished a 2 week break from the diet and have eaten normally (normal for me is a healthy vegetarian diet with daily treats such as icecream and chocolate). During this 2 week break the cramps stopped so it will be interesting to see if they start again now that I'm back on track having fasted yesterday. As for headaches they aren't a problem for me although I do feel a bit fuzzy on fast day afternoons and when I wake up the next day. Yesterday I skipped breakfast a d saved my 500 cals for my evening meal and for some unexplainable reason I found it easier as I didn't experience hunger pangs in the afternoon which has been the norm for me.

On a positive I have lost 10 pounds since starting the diet in April and look as though I've lost more. Plus the good news is I didn't put on weight during my 2 weeks break :smile:

Val
I had the same problem as you did Swedey last week (piles) and I also think it's, one way or another, because of the diet. To prevent that I take now 1tsp apple cider vinegar in a glass of water before each meal. It helps for the weight loss as well so it's all good.

I don't feel as cold as I did in the beginning but I sleep way too much on fast days. 10 to 12 hours....
Does anyone else have non-fast days where you feel really out of sorts and aimless? I had such a bad day yesterday. It never happens when I fast--I'm so focused on the goal. I was doing crazy stuff like running red lights and knocking over a parked moped (luckily this didn't lead to anything worse than a small dent in my car, but it could have ended very badly). Maybe it's not related to 5:2. I've been busy and not sleeping well. But... it's not unusual for me to feel out of sorts on non-fast days...
Felt awful yesterday - between fast day. Put it down to a dreadful night of being too hot and sweaty. Ususally if I get overheated I have rehydration salts and a berocca , lots of fluid, coffee, get cooled and that's it. But no- had the most terrible day being wooly and unfocused and generally stupid. Maybe it's a combination of heat and lack of sleep MaryAnn? HOpe you feel better soon
My bum is now so bony that it's uncomfortable to sit in non cushioney seats!
I also feel really cold on fast days.
My other problem is feeling nauseated, a bit like a hangover, if I have a big meal out on a special occasion, not even really over the top.Usually just 1 glass of wine
Whilst I'm glad to be cutting back on food, I still want to be able to have a 2 or 3 course fancy restaurant meal occasionally.
Anyone else get this?
gigi55 are u drinking enough water? If it feels like a hangover it may be that u r dehydrated? Just a thought?
gigi55, when we go to the restaurant I take two little courses as I can't have plain ones. For example, if we go to the pizzeria, I will have a pizza, I won't finish and that's it because I am full.... And I am a slow eater so it takes me ages to eat, even more than before. If I crave a dessert, I take the smallest dish on the menu. I remember the long lunches in my childhood with 5 or 6 courses.... I am full just thinking of them :grin:
gigi55 wrote: I also feel really cold on fast days.
My other problem is feeling nauseated, a bit like a hangover, if I have a big meal out on a special occasion, not even really over the top.Usually just 1 glass of wine
Whilst I'm glad to be cutting back on food, I still want to be able to have a 2 or 3 course fancy restaurant meal occasionally.
Anyone else get this?

Hi:

Cold is standard for fasters - it is in here somewhere: http://www.scribd.com/doc/95722979/Star ... y-to-Vigor

Some 5:2ers find that their appetite/fullness button is 'reset'. Meals normally consumed with no problem become meals that can be consumed only with great effort. Eating like 'thin people' can be a problem! :confused:
I find the day after a fast, if I eat a meal at any point over 350 calories I feel really ill. And chocolate now makes me feel really nauseous as well even just one square. So it makes eating healthy easier but it is annoying :confused:
Previous 1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 24 Next
346 posts Page 18 of 24