The FastDay Forum

Benefits & Side Effects

46 posts Page 2 of 4
Re: periods....sorry boys
11 May 2013, 02:29
I;'m probably older than most of you but still having the same problem - and I;'ve noticed a little change in how long it lasted but not how hard it was. Also, not so easy to know exacty when...
11 May 2013, 03:20
Have you heard of the Mirena IUD? It lasts for 5 years and after you get it your periods slowly reduce and then after a year they stop. This has been my experience and 4 other women I know. It's wnonderful. Its mostly perscibed for women who have finished having babies I think.
11 May 2013, 05:21
vix89 wrote: Mine has been going for 12 days now (on implant)

I had this problem when I had the implant too, periods lasting 2/3weeks, it was a nightmare! :curse:
21 May 2013, 06:14
Yes, I am having this issue. I have the implant, Nexplanon, have had it for 9 months and never bled once, then have had 2 mini periods in the past 3 weeks, each lasting 3 - 4 days. Incidentally, I have also started put weight on, which is very depressing. I wonder if the change in cycle could be part of the reason. Other than this I have been feeling fine and well, and enjoying my fast days, but if I am going to have irregular bleeding long term, coupled with weight gain then I will need to give up. I am keen to understand from those on the mini pill and the implant whether the bleeding has continued. Mine started about 5 - 6 weeks after starting the 5:2. Any feedback appreciated! Thanks!
21 May 2013, 07:35
I have been on this diet for a month and had my period for 12 days at the end of the month instead of the usual 8 days...great!
21 May 2013, 07:44
Period lasted a day less and was less heavy, but had about 4 extra days of PMS before, so not great for those around me.
21 May 2013, 15:33
I'm expecting my period on Monday, I'm on the pill (which makes things better and easier) and yet I started feeling like PMS yesterday. That's a WEEK before the arrival of the period.
This is one reason why I don't see this lasting forever. I know that the benefits are not insignificant but feeling like cr@p for 15 days is not very tempting... :-(
21 May 2013, 16:07
I have been doing the diet since the beginning of Feb and am not on any form of hormonal contraception. I have a touch of endometriosis and usually very heavy/painful periods. I have noticed a huge reduction in the cramps (to minimal/no cramps) since starting this diet. :) PMS, flow rate and the duration of my cycle seem unaffected.
21 May 2013, 16:19
Good for you Louise! :-)
I know that the symptoms of endometriosis are similar to those of PCOS and I remember that before the pill I was suffering A LOT!!!
21 May 2013, 17:13
I'm on the mirena coil and noticed this month I had symptoms some bloating but no period! I had it before I had my baby for a few years and periods never stopped, but hoping this may be the holy grail of no periods! Fingers crossed!
19 Jun 2013, 15:51
Hi All

Glad I found this thread as was about to start another. I've been fasting since 13th May and am just experiencing a breakthrough bleed 17 days into my cycle. I did a quicky search and NHS website says that a change in diet can cause hormone changes so I'll put it down to that at moment. Hopefully it also explains the lack of weight loss and migraines last week, and while I feel bloated, tired and just a bit off in general this week.

Here's hoping it settles down again but I do feel better for knowing others have had a similar experience. Isn't this forum great :like: :smile:

Alf
19 Jun 2013, 16:02
I'm on an IUD and never having a period is a beautiful thing!!!! No cramps, no accidents, no sore breasts....after 17 years on the pill this has been a blessing!
19 Jun 2013, 17:18
I've had 2 periods since beginning 5:2 and both have been very heavy and lasted longer. Also have had terrible pms. I'm wondering if it's due to a hormonal change because of the diet. I have the Nova IUD fitted but never had any problems with it as it's hormone free. Me and hormonal contraception have never got on. I'm going through a feeling sicky stage esp the day after a fast day, feels very similar to morning sickness although I'm not pregnant. Also feeling very tired too.
29 Jun 2013, 07:18
I noticed that my periods got a lot more regular and less crampy - pretty much instantly. No lighter though. I also don't seem to get the old boob-ache beforehand now, hurrah. It's quite amazing (although possibly concerning?) that this WOE seems to have such an impact on hormones in many women...
29 Jun 2013, 07:33
chichi13 wrote:
vix89 wrote: Mine has been going for 12 days now (on implant)

I had this problem when I had the implant too, periods lasting 2/3weeks, it was a nightmare! :curse:

Try going on, in a very pathetic but still irritating manner, for four months! This was with the injection, but it's the last time bothered with anything hormonal, just doesn't suit me :frown:
46 posts Page 2 of 4