The FastDay Forum

Benefits & Side Effects

46 posts Page 1 of 4
periods....sorry boys
22 Mar 2013, 23:04
any girls out there noticed a change in their cycles? my perod just suddenly came after only two weeks.(sorry if too much info!) have been fasting 4:3 for 3 weeks now.
Re: periods....sorry boys
22 Mar 2013, 23:17
I haven't noticed a change, sorry that doesn't help you much! 1day early doesn't count does it?
10 May 2013, 08:02
WARNING TMI TO FOLLOW
I've had a break through bleed this week just over 10 days from finishing last cycle I was thinking what the..........???
I hoping this is one of those things that will settle with time.
10 May 2013, 08:21
Not so much in the cycle for me, but a lot less pain, don't feel like someone has kicked me in the back and foof (sorry!)
10 May 2013, 08:36
I've had the same problem as Tammz. It's weird because I'm on the pill so it shouldn't really have altered... there must be something hormonal going on as a result of the fasting?
10 May 2013, 08:44
That what I'm thinking FutureMrsC even though i'm not on the pill(been fixed as DH puts it)
I also don't have the feeling of being kicked (as Dragonbirdy so eloquently put it) that usually happens for me also.
It will be interesting to see how long these little 'how are you from mother nature' changes last not long i'm hoping. :?:
10 May 2013, 08:51
I haven't been doing the diet long enough for a change but its affects my weight for about 2 weeks of the month very annoying!!
10 May 2013, 08:58
I have seen an improvement. They are still very heavy but only three days instead of five.
10 May 2013, 09:46
Aunty Flo did make an unscheduled visit this week, after 2 weeks, rather annoyingly. I had missed a pill, but only one and it usually takes 2 or more missed pills to bring it on with me. I hadn't thought that maybe the two are related.

It does seem to be lighter, though since starting this WOE, I've eaten a much more plant based diet, and I did read somewhere once that a veggie/vegan lifestyle does have an effect on it. Not that I could ever be vegan, I likes me some cheese way too much.
10 May 2013, 09:51
Mine lasts longer. Argh...
10 May 2013, 13:00
I've been looking for women on the diet who will comment on periods - glad I've found some!

I'm on the mini-pill so don't normally have periods, but since starting the fasting in February I've found I'm just spotting a little, but more often than usual. I'm due for a pill check at the doctors soon so will ask about it, but I know weight loss can cause things to change and the timing seems more than co-incidental.

Anyone else on the mini pill who has noticed a change?
10 May 2013, 13:24
Mine has been going for 12 days now (on implant) which is a bit annoying! Must be due to the sudden changes, but got a bit of stress from assignments and money - oh the woe of being a student! Hopefully after a few weeks my body will have adapted.
10 May 2013, 22:59
Mine was lighter and shorter - I was delighted by this side effect of the diet.
10 May 2013, 23:10
I just had my first period since starting this WOE. I am in my fourth week of 5:2 and this period is far worse than any I've had in the past few years. Much heavier and wicked cramps. Hopefully this won't be the norm!! I do take Vitex to help keep it regular but I have slacked in taking it in recent months. Guess it's time I become more diligent.
46 posts Page 1 of 4