The FastDay Forum

Benefits & Side Effects

39 posts Page 3 of 3
From all sorts of things I've read over the years, I think diarrhoea is due to detox brought on by the calorie restricted fasting. I'm pretty sure 500 cals in a day is low enough to stir up toxins, done regularly.
I just did a google search, something may contain relevant information on one of these pages. I will get some time tonight to read through a few pages.
https://www.google.com.au/search?client=safari&rls=en&q=5:2+and+diarrhoea&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&gfe_rd=cr&ei=is6fU8SoJ-XC8gf-h4CgCQ
chinchin
chinchin wrote: From all sorts of things I've read over the years, I think diarrhoea is due to detox brought on by the calorie restricted fasting. I'm pretty sure 500 cals in a day is low enough to stir up toxins, done regularly.
I just did a google search, something may contain relevant information on one of these pages. I will get some time tonight to read through a few pages.
https://www.google.com.au/search?client=safari&rls=en&q=5:2+and+diarrhoea&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&gfe_rd=cr&ei=is6fU8SoJ-XC8gf-h4CgCQ
chinchin

thanks for ink

so it its a detoxing going on @chinchin it must be good for you then, right?

"better out than in"? though i always think vomiting is a sign of ill health. not to mention unpleasant.

felt fine today and eating normally. thought i should totally fast but then i thought i probably need the energy from food. and only 3 cups of coffee today.
i just read in http://www.buzzle.com/articles/side-eff ... enium.html that excess selenium can cause Digestive problems such as nausea, vomiting, stomach pain and diarrhea.

i have been taking a tablet every "other day" and a brazil nut or 2 or 3 every day since early last week. maybe tha'ts the cause?
Yes @Juliana.Rivers, detox is a very good thing. It is sometimes unpleasant. It should be an ongoing thing if you're eating naturally and healthily, the body cleans out all sorts of debris and nasties given a chance to. But it should slow down at some point so it doesn't wreak havoc in our lives, especially as we get healthier.
I went onto a RAW diet a couple of years back, the detox from that made me nauseated for weeks. So nauseated that I gave up smoking without a whimper, cold turkey; never had one again.
And I believe there is truth to Selenium being toxic in too large doses. But I truly don't know what too large a dose is.
chinchin wrote: Yes @Juliana.Rivers, detox is a very good thing. It is sometimes unpleasant. It should be an ongoing thing if you're eating naturally and healthily, the body cleans out all sorts of debris and nasties given a chance to. But it should slow down at some point so it doesn't wreak havoc in our lives, especially as we get healthier.
I went onto a RAW diet a couple of years back, the detox from that made me nauseated for weeks. So nauseated that I gave up smoking without a whimper, cold turkey; never had one again.
And I believe there is truth to Selenium being toxic in too large doses. But I truly don't know what too large a dose is.

my tablet bottles says 150 ug's in a tablet to be taken daily its also got other vitamin like vitamin E and zinc

I did read just now you should eat it with food and i know i consumed them often on fast days (i have 3 in 7) so maybe it was a killer to my system. on that basis if i took them only on eating days and maybe in teh evening when i do most of my eating anyway its safer. might still keep the brazils going but again only at night.

interesting. one case isnt i know cant be a definite cause and effect.

moral of the story. read directions before not after consuming tablets. :cry:
Multivitamins on an empty stomach upset my stomach every time.
Winsome wrote: Multivitamins on an empty stomach upset my stomach every time.

strangely i was thinking.. no food in my tummy and the vitamins and minerals can get really absorbed well and do me a world of good

ahhhh maybe thats just not the case.

as ive only ever taken supplements before my 5:2 way of life its never even occurred to me till now.

so that confirms it. my Selenium is only on non fast days in the evening after dinner.
Bananas can help, but people have reported that they can speed up or slow down the transit. It might be a good food to break your fast, but might add petrol to the flames.

In addition to coffee, water will also lubricate the inner workings. Do you drink lots when fasting? I know I would easily have a gallon on fast days, as I get headaches otherwise. Try experimenting with various foods and drinks and see what happens.

@Juliana.Rivers, have you tried taking multivits at night? A nurse advised me to do that when I was pregnant. She said that the body absorbs and uses more at night, while its in repair mode.
scubachick wrote: Bananas can help, but people have reported that they can speed up or slow down the transit. It might be a good food to break your fast, but might add petrol to the flames.

In addition to coffee, water will also lubricate the inner workings. Do you drink lots when fasting? I know I would easily have a gallon on fast days, as I get headaches otherwise. Try experimenting with various foods and drinks and see what happens.

@Juliana.Rivers, have you tried taking multivits at night? A nurse advised me to do that when I was pregnant. She said that the body absorbs and uses more at night, while its in repair mode.

I haven't taken them at night but will from now on. Also at night i guess you have a fullish stomach.
39 posts Page 3 of 3