The FastDay Forum

Benefits & Side Effects

39 posts Page 2 of 3
Sorry, can't help. I'm with Debs, but I haven't found any food or drink that can be guaranteed to change the situation. Non-fast days are also a problem. This has only started in the last month or so. I am reluctant to try other things, but am of course monitoring the situation!!
You guys have cursed me - I read this this morning and now - Liquid bum syndrome... Thanks for that lol

If you find a solution let me know cause this aint fun
With you Tim. Well not literally, but got back just in time to the office this afternoon :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:
All fine at first, and then, whoosh. Sorry :oops:
you poor thing, pumisimo. I've had every problem in the book on non-fast days, but no problems on fast days.
I wish I had this problem! But I'm the same as @Debs and quite often now find it difficult to go :/ I think that accounts for some of my non weight loss, all that stuff hanging around in my intestines still.
Figs daydreamer21!!!! Just as well I love them. And they love me. Ooops another sentence starting with And. And another for good measure!!
@DebsWhat I wouldn't give for a fig right now at the end of a liquid fast day. Only I am thinking luscious fresh fig lightly caramelised and still warm maybe with high quality vanilla ice cream . In my dreams :sleepy:
Oh hush now. Or stuffed with marscapone and dipped in honey???!
I'm the other way too I could really do with a bit of 'rapid transit'. I really got into fresh figs when they were in season. I now soak the ready to eat one , cook them gently and add them to porridge or berries or just eat them. I also add wheat bran and chia seeds to porridge and I take lactulose every day and benefiber on fasting days.
I drink decaf coffee routinely - maybe I should try a bit of the real stuff as that seems to work for some people
So it sounds like I might be the only one with this problem on fast days. How strange. I'm a medical mystery :)

Well, I'll keep my fingers crossed it sorts itself out after a few more weeks. Like I said, it's not so urgent that I am running for the toilet but it is just very...um...not solid when I go.

My husband says I have a "dodgy tummy" because rich food and alcohol do a number on me but I don't think I have any serious intolerances or issues....my tummy just doesn't want me to overdo it!
Well, I guess just posting has cured me. had absolutely no issues yesterday on my fast day. And down 2.5 pounds this morning!!
The is my second go at this diet and I've had no ill effects but the first time round I did suffer with some cramps and then loose movements the day after a fast. It stopped after a week or two for me and luckily I've not had it at all this time.
Like others, I've had the 'rapid transit' issues the day after a fast, but not on the day itself. I hope you get it figured out!

:)
I suffer from IBS and wasn't sure how a fast day would affect me. I started on Monday and my bowels have only gone back today to what is normal for me. *TMI ALERT!* I'm used to "going" at least 2 or 3 times a day, but since Monday I've hardly been and feel bloated like an elephant :(

I'm on a fasting day again tomorrow and hope things settle down a bit quicker this time!
oops i think i tripped my body into an awful case of the D word such that i became feverish and vomitted too for a good hour.
I followed this with a good mid morning sleep (1 hour ) and i feel the best ive ever felt... thanks OH for holding the fort.

I'm trying to work out what triggered it and definitely

last few days or even 1/2 a week of constipation and then a desire to go to the toilet often. whilst not 'D' it wasnt right
protruding bloated stomach
at least 1kg over my "normal weight" for this time
heaps of coffee yesterday.. maybe 6 cups of strong expresso
decided to eat prunes a bit more to help with the constipation
despite it being a fast day, a big bowl of porridge in the evening
at midnight just before i went to bed,ate leftover roast pork and veg as i was famished

(nobody else in family is ill and i ate what they ate so i dont think its food poisoning)

well this morning i suffered but what my question is.. if it actually triggered a complete clean out and i feel great now .. is it such a bad thing that i did overdo it and had the bout of D.

may I say I am not promoting the forcing of being sick (aka bullemia) but is this a body balancing thing and i should feel positive about it.

i haven't weighed myself but my tummy bloating (visual) is completely gone

ps. its funny how we have to say TMI in this subject when it is such a natural activity
39 posts Page 2 of 3