The FastDay Forum

Benefits & Side Effects

23 posts Page 2 of 2
also, note that cardiovascular risk includes MI and ischemic stroke...not just MI.
carorees wrote: I just realized that the link above is just the heart risk one. if you use this one, it gives diabetes risk too, plus you can see how your risk changes with different interventions, like lowering bp or weight: http://qintervention.org/

Thanks @Pennyforthemand @carorees. It's all fascinating to me, and being armed with all the information we can helps us all out in the long run. :oops:
Before 3.2% & 9.5% Diabetes

Now after 45lbs loss 2.9% & 2.6%.

Untick blood pressure meds (with weight loss), 1.6% & 1.6%.

:)
Some great results, folks!

I had a Qrisk factor of 21.1 when I had my blood results last Feb (after IFing for 12 months) - but bear in mind that when you reach 70, 20% is automatically added to your score (I'm in my mid-70s). :smile:

My risk for diabetes is assessed at 2.3.

Happy with that. I'll be back to the docs for another blood test next Feb.

Meanwhile I'll continue with my 6:1 regime. :like:
I think what I actually said was that heart attack and cardiac arrest are not the same thing.....but am completely astonished that you seem to be saying that myocardial infarction is not heart disease.
loversghost wrote: I think what I actually said was that heart attack and cardiac arrest are not the same thing.....but am completely astonished that you seem to be saying that myocardial infarction is not heart disease.

http://www.heart.org/HEARTORG/Condition ... ticle.jsp#

You are absolutely right Loversghost! :-)
No, heart disease is not MI. If you have heart disease you may or may not suffer an MI. If you have an MI you may or may not go into cardiac arrest. The qrisk calculator claims to give your risk of MI not heart disease or cardiac arrest. Heart disease is a chronic condition, MI is an acute event. Of course you don't have an MI without having heart disease but the stats used to create the risk calculator were the incidence of MI not the prevalence of heart disease.
Thanks for clearing that up Caroline!

The link was just to clarify the difference between cardiac arrest and heart attack.
23 posts Page 2 of 2