The FastDay Forum

Non-diet Chat

614 posts Page 5 of 41
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 41 Next
Re: BUDDIES SET #19
06 Nov 2014, 21:44
Thanks @coffeetime but I was fasting today :oops:

I have the consolation that I'm going to a spa for the day tomorrow though and I shall eat whatever I like................

Will weigh first thing for Xmas challenge though!
06 Nov 2014, 22:07
I am my husband's carer Steph, he's a disabled alcoholic and he leads me a life of merry hell. The person I saw this afternoon has arranged for several people to help and support me, now I feel I'm not alone and I'm able to cope with the bad times.
Good news about the chocolate Ieramul, it's strange how our tastes change after starting 5:2, mine certainly have. Not only my food choices but this WOE seems to have changed my whole life. I still have a way to go, I have to get the occasional binging under control - helped by all of the wonderful people in this forum.
06 Nov 2014, 23:29
Madcatlady wrote: Thanks @coffeetime but I was fasting today :oops:

I have the consolation that I'm going to a spa for the day tomorrow though and I shall eat whatever I like................

Ooooohhhh, that sounds so indulgent. Is this a birthday treat? Tell us hoe it was when you get back, please. Have fun.
06 Nov 2014, 23:30

Ooooohhhh, that sounds so indulgent. Is this a birthday treat? Tell us hoe it was when you get back, please. Have fun.
06 Nov 2014, 23:30

07 Nov 2014, 00:52
Well, I'm back from my visit with my friend. I had one small piece of cake, it was too sweet so I had no more ( I usually have at least two :) ). I understand you Ieramul. Being sated from sweet stuff so quickly. I'm not sure this will last for me, though :). Then she brought out some marzipan which was just perfect, not very sweet at all with dark chocolate coating! lol not too sweet. There was also a jar of salted cashews on her counter and of course I had a few then Ille insisted I take a few handfuls home. So I've had hundreds of calories of nuts but just put the bag of them away before I make myself sick! We also went to another friend, Gisela, to pick up a special type of juicer so that Ille can make quince juice. Of course we couldn't leave Gisela's without some vegetables from her garden - beets - and a couple of bottles of juice - red currant and raspberry - from her larder. She was making a turkey dinner for herself and invited us to stay, which, unfortunately we couldn't. She's had the turkey in the freezer for months and wanted to cook it then she will freeze the cooked turkey. This bird is one of the many she raised last year. She is 84 and has a huge vegetable patch, fruit bushes, chickens, turkeys, ducks, geese, a horse, a dog and a cat. She lives alone, if you can call it that what with her menagerie. She is an incredible woman!
Yup, I made it to lunch, but my lunch was at 3 pm which was a little long to wait today. Now I'm not hungry which is a good thing. I may not want to eat now until tomorrow's "lunch" at 3. I don't know what to call my meals they don't conform to regular meal times. What has been happening the last couple of days is that I have been planning in my head what I will eat the next day and really looking forward to the food. I am trying to be more present when I eat and not just wolf it down. I'm not sure what I have planned for tomorrow. A salad from work perhaps with their yummy honey french dressing. And in the evening? hm. I have this evening to think about it. Strangely last night I spent an hour or so leisurely going through a very large cookbook. I wasn't hungry even though it was a fast day and it was a pleasant way to pass the time. I think I will go back to it and choose one of the recipes I bookmarked.
Coffee I'm glad you've gotten some help but so sorry your husband is such an awful burden. Is he physically disabled? I'm not surprised you went to a dark place! having to shoulder the responsibility alone is exhausting both physically and emotionally.
I'm wanting to lose 10 lbs to start with, if more than that I'd be ecstatic! I'm 5'1" and 132 lbs.
I better send this now before I lose it. My computer is going wonky I have to restart it.
Till later!
07 Nov 2014, 08:57
Thank you Steph, hubby has severe arthritis which affects nearly every joint in his body, he's in continuous pain, has difficulty walking and can't grip things very well because his hands and fingers are now twisted. He's always angry and shouts and swears at me most of the day. We often have plates of food and cups of tea flying across his bedroom or down the stairs, he is not physically abusive though. He can be very pleasant, back to the way he used to be so it's not all bad but I never know form one hour to the next what to expect.

I lost at least one message here last night, I can't remember what I said but I did mention your friend's cake and I remember there was a message for Ieramul too. It's all gone now, floating somewhere in the ether - or hiding among the files in my computer.

It's sensible to plan your meals ahead but when I try that it never works well, I'm so unorganised and slap dash, sometimes I leave it till I start cooking hubby's dinner and I still don't know what I'm going to have. Like you I had loads of salted peanuts yesterday, I kept going back and eating more, more, more, so addictive. I expected a huge increase in weight but had a surprise when I the scales showed that I've lost a quarter of a lb.
07 Nov 2014, 15:10
So sorry to hear about how difficult it is with your husband Coffee. The poor man being in so much pain is awful but you are equally suffering it seems having to care for him. I'm glad your son could come visit, though. Was he a help with your husband? I'm not surprised you don't plan your meals ahead of time, must be hard to get much done, and have much desire to cook what with plates being thrown about, all that yelling!
Congrats for losing that 1/4 pound. I'm down to 129.8 at least it is not 132 lbs like a few days ago, but I want it down, down, down :). I am impatient. I'm hoping today I will eat sensibly. I have already prepped some tofu and veggies for my "hot and sour tofu pitas" which I will eat when I get home. The tofu is marinating in garlic and balsamic vinegar and soy sauce. This is one of the recipes from that tome of a cook book! I'm hoping it turns out well. After that I have to try not to eat junk food. I'm hoping the pita will fill me up.
Oh, sorry for the food talk Ieramul. Does it bother you? I don't get hungry reading about the food others are eating but some people are. Let me know how I can support you through the day. Good for you for not going over your TDEE by the way, that is commendable!
I had to post a letter just now to Revenue Canada. It was so funny, they sent me a letter saying they were conducting random checks and wanted documentation of the rent I paid last year. I had a volunteer fill out my taxes, never again! They wrote down that my rent was $84000.00! crickey I'd have to be renting one posh home for that kind of money. But, it was hilarious when I read it lol! so I sent proof of my actual rent and there shouldn't be any problem.
I hope your days are going well my friends.
07 Nov 2014, 16:51
I know it's hard not to get impatient about weight loss Steph but sometimes it might be better to lose weight slowly, even in fits and starts, and instead concentrate on the health benefits of fasting. If you are worrying about the rate of loss you could lose heart and stop trying altogether. Although saying that, I'm glad that you have lost a bit more and hope your weight will continue to go down steadily.
That cook book sounds interesting........

….Grrrrrrr while I was typing that stupid, stupid old man has just filled my wellington boots up with water! I've been digging out and moving plants in the garden this afternoon and when I came indoors I made a few wet muddy footprints in the back porch – so he decided to clear it up, screaming and shouting the whole time – why I don't know. It's always me who washes the floor anyway. He then took my wellies to the kitchen sink and tried to wash them under a running tap, more water went into them than over them and now the sink is full of mud and my boots are full of water. Where I live the lane is always muddy at this time of year, there is mud everywhere, we should have re-named the house 'Muddy Hollow', I have to wear wellies when I take Maisie for walkies, she's waiting to go now.

I'll have to finish my original message later.
07 Nov 2014, 18:55
Sorry about the drama, I've poured out the water and tried to dry my wellies with half a kitchen roll but I think it will take a day or two for them to get completely dry. I had to bath the dog - or at least the lower half as she was covered in mud too when we got home. Hubby is happily sitting up in bed eating his dinner and Maisie is drying out in her basket. Everything is calm and quiet.....
07 Nov 2014, 19:40
Hello everybody
Wow steph aren't you lucky to have such wonderful friends. they sound absolutely delightful and respect to your 84 year old friend, still managing animals and vegetable patches never mind her own house. i want to be as active as her when I am in my mid eighties. Don't some people inspire you so much that we want to emulate them. A good point to start is watching our diets which is exactly what we are doing.

Well steph you must be living in a palace. but still you love our little cosy cottage with conservatory. :lol:

Coffee, so sorry about your upset with your husband. I suspect going for walks with your dog must give you a little distance from arguments in the house. It must be truly difficult.
Great news that you have lost some weight. Keep strong.
Well today was supposed to be another fast day but we had a visitor at work who invited us all out for lunch. I was not able to sit there and watch everybody eat so I had some lunch. I am not beating myself up over it and will try to eat no more than TDEE. Since my son is coming home tonight for the weekend I have no inclination to fast this weekend. So my next fast day will be Monday. I hope I can keep to TDEE for the next couple of days and will have good scales news on Monday. I hope your days went OK too. Speak soon. Xxx
07 Nov 2014, 20:37
Hi Coffee, how rotten to have wet boots! and having to walk in them ick. I hate wet feet and just bought myself some new winter boots since my old ones started leaking last year. We had so much snow that my feet would get soaked every time I went for a walk. Too bad your hubby was trying to help :). Happy to hear you are having a peaceful moment.
Ieramul I'm glad you enjoyed your lunch out with your co-workers. This WOE is supposed to fit into our lives as we want it to, which you are doing. Good for you for being so diligent with your TDEE. I'm glad you will have some time to be with your son without having to watch him eat :). I plan on fasting on Monday again so we can support each other through the day.
I get discouraged when I get on the scale because I want to be back down to 127 like I was last Friday - or was it two weeks ago already? poor memory but I know I was at that weight and I want to be back there not 2 lbs heavier. That said I want to keep eating now that I've started with my tofu in a pita sandwich. I really want to go out and get something sweet but am sipping some of Gisela's black currant juice instead. Had to water it down a little it is so sweet. I just have to wait a half hour for my stomach to signal my brain that it is full then I will have no desire to eat, I hope anyway LOL.
I think I will go watch a little tv while I wait for a phone call. There's a reason why I can't go to the store for treats, have to be here for the call. Forgot about that.
Have a good evening!
07 Nov 2014, 22:14
Hi - my spa day was a freebie as my friend and I paid to go last year and didn't have a fantastic time - my friend complained and we got a complimentary day, including lunch and a free treatment (we chose a head and neck massage each). That was the only treatment I had this time as I didn't want to spend a lot of money. We had a nice day but I think for what the place (Champneys) charges they seriously need to up their game. I weighed before I went and was the same as last week, which is OK. I had some fruit, a chocolate muffin and a yoghurt/granola pot when we arrived. At lunch I had soup and bread, a plate of salad (lots of meat/protein) then some lamb hotpot and rice with some thai green curry sauce on it (weird combo I know - didn't want the actual curry as it was tofu, just the flavour!). Anyway - was so full I haven't eaten since so probably hasn't been too bad a day food wise all in all!
08 Nov 2014, 01:52
Good to hear your spa day was alright madcatlady. You had some good food and best of all it was free :) even if the spa is lacking.
I've had a little nap, must really stop doing so, it is so unnecessary but the couch beckons and I doze. Time for another cup of tea and to go through my cookbooks so I can make a grocery list for Sunday's shopping. The tofu pita I made today wasn't all that exceptional but I am game to try another recipe from the book.
Night, night ladies. I hope you can sleep through the night. :)
08 Nov 2014, 14:11
hello @Madcatlady, thanks for telling us about your wonderful treat at the spa. We all like to be spoiled once in a while and the food seemed to heave been quite healthy. I hope I can do something like this some time as well.

@Coffeetime, I do like your new avatar. Is this your dog Maisie? She looks gorgeous and must be a wonderful companion to you. Hope you have a peaceful day today.

I love spending time with son trying not to overindulge. Just relaxing after the morning spent shopping. @Stephd have a great day, too. Speak soon
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 41 Next
614 posts Page 5 of 41