The FastDay Forum

Non-diet Chat

2005 posts Page 89 of 134
Previous 1 ... 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92 ... 134 Next
Re: Chatterbox Anwyl
18 Jan 2014, 14:01
Minigill wrote: Hi Karen

Looks like a nice couple of nice clothes shops as well .... could be very dangerous and expensive for me !

Hoping to try on some NYDJ out of curiosity !

.4lb off final goal this morning ;)

NYDJ are excellent - got mine off my MUM! Yes you read that right - my MUM !!!!!
As she got too small for them :shock: :lol: and passed them on to me ... they are marginally too short for me, but if I wear them with the RED BOOTS (see silverdarling/rawkaren thread :grin: they are ok :victory:
18 Jan 2014, 14:05
@rawkaren, I couldn't agreed with you more. I think that the fasting science is in its infancy and we are guinea pigs and that as we start to gain more knowledge that this way of life may challenge and revolutionise the food industry. Here's hoping anyway.

@CandiceMarie, Thanks, I did an update a couple of pages previous. I feel a lot more relaxed and reassured and await an appointment with the hospital.
18 Jan 2014, 14:53
Never thought for a second that 5:2 was a fad diet, or I wouldn't have done it. OH fast 2 to 3 days a weeks for 30 years now and he looks pretty good for his 55 years, plus he eats like a damned soul at times and never put on lot of weight so he was the living proof that fasting is good for you long term :cool:

Is there a twitter thread like there was talk earlier ? If there is, I can't see it.....
18 Jan 2014, 15:19
Gosh, yes things do move quickly here. I still have some pm's to reply to and some thanks to give on my back of the net thread. I must seem very rude. Lots of catching up to do.

@ballerina Facebook and twitter save time because you can find out what everyone's up to without going to the trouble of asking. That sounds terrible but I would never be able to catch up in real life the same way I do with social media. They are very useful too for finding out information quickly and efficiently. However, I do know that it's not everyone's cuppa :smile:

@wildmissus I don't think it's a fad but I know what you mean. I think it's getting back to mindful eating of a balanced diet, which can only be a good thing.

I had a lovely soup for lunch today. Waitrose beetroot and mint. 103 calories for half a pot. I added a bit of horseradish and creme fraiche. It was gawjus and I can't wait to have the rest tomorrow, think I will have to pop out in the week for some more. Oh and it was on special offer.

Oh and one more thing....... I read an article today about had good coffee is for you. Have spent years limiting it along with fat because it was bad!!! I bought a coffee machine recently, one if those pod things, looks like that's going to take a hammering then :smile:
18 Jan 2014, 15:34
And thanks to @wendy Darling for being my first follower on twitter :victory: :cool: WD it's a wonder you find time for beetroot soup and coffee machines! :wink:
18 Jan 2014, 16:07
Feel I'm missing out on all the tweets and Facebook chat. I mostly follow famous bods so it would be good to actually be able to tweet you. My twitter account is @nurse8bean...does that help?

Bean :frown:
18 Jan 2014, 16:15
Manderley wrote: Never thought for a second that 5:2 was a fad diet, or I wouldn't have done it. OH fast 2 to 3 days a weeks for 30 years now and he looks pretty good for his 55 years, plus he eats like a damned soul at times and never put on lot of weight so he was the living proof that fasting is good for you long term :cool:

Is there a twitter thread like there was talk earlier ? If there is, I can't see it.....

No twitter thread yet - but I just found you and @nursebean on twitter and followed you both! We'll have to wait until @PennyForthem gets back from her serious lunch to find out more I think!
18 Jan 2014, 16:21
Ooh I've just spotted you and think I'm following you now @Silverdarling

How exciting :bugeyes:
18 Jan 2014, 16:35
Silverdarling wrote: And thanks to @wendy Darling for being my first follower on twitter :victory: :cool: WD it's a wonder you find time for beetroot soup and coffee machines! :wink:

Think I've added you too @Silverdarling, but then again maybe done it wrong! :confused:
18 Jan 2014, 16:44
Right, must go and start the dinner. Having salmon with some sort of wagamama marinade with lots of veg. Going to have a look in my Rose Elliott 'New Complete Vegetarian' book for some inspiration. Don't know how I managed without it. I have always wanted to try to make veg more interesting but never thought to look at a vegetarian book to find out how. Doh! Thought it would be all nut cutlets that would be hard to make. Silly me. Better late than never. Always try now to put 3 interesting veg dishes on the table with a small amount of chicken or fish, making the veg the main part of the meal. Why did I never do this before? You lot are brilliant for giving me such inspiration and confidence to think outside the box. Thank you x
18 Jan 2014, 17:01
AnnieW wrote:
How come when it doesn't matter which socks I wear today (jeans and boots day) the first three pairs were "wrong"?

Lol
How can they be wrong Annie?

Well @carieoates the first three were socks I have jeans or trousers to wear with (sad or what) they were striped or bright and I figured I might want to wear them before the next laundry wash - not too good at quick hand washes, rather do a full machine wash.
18 Jan 2014, 17:18
Blimey. I had a little play on Twitter. But today is not the day to learn :lol: It was good to see @manderley sign up!. Now I can follow you all, I can watch how you do it.
18 Jan 2014, 17:35
I am new at that as well. My first official tweet was for Caroline to tell her my name as it's not the same in twitter and here. So,let's see, at the same time I have to learn how to use my smartphone, plus to learn how to tweet. That should be fun :lol:
18 Jan 2014, 17:37
rawkaren wrote: Blimey. I had a little play on Twitter. But today is not the day to learn :lol: It was good to see @manderley sign up!. Now I can follow you all, I can watch how you do it.

Yes Karen I think you need to get back to the kitchen or the bedroom........for packing or something!!!! :wink:
#suchfun
18 Jan 2014, 18:31
@Wendy Darling, since following @FatDog's low carb thread I've acquire a 'few' new cookbooks, some vegetarian, some low GI/GL mostly bought from ebay for much cheapness. I must have eight down the side of the couch waiting for me to read and I'm loving it. Since joining the forum I've never been so interested in food and in particular didn't realise how much you can do with vegetables.
Previous 1 ... 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92 ... 134 Next
2005 posts Page 89 of 134