The FastDay Forum

Non-diet Chat

2005 posts Page 92 of 134
Previous 1 ... 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95 ... 134 Next
Re: Chatterbox Anwyl
19 Jan 2014, 18:34
A quick hello to everyone as I am still trying to master twitter and to find everyone from here but I think I miss some names....

Plus I am trying to find a second hand computer not too expensive as mine is nearly dead and I absolutely need one as it's my everything (don't have a telly or a proper radio so you can imagine how important this is.....)
19 Jan 2014, 19:50
:heart: @Manderley Good. Luck with the twitter oh I don't think I can be bothered.with that one :shock:
Hope you manage to get a computer we don't want days where we don't hear from you. :clover: :clover:
19 Jan 2014, 20:57
Hi Everybody

I was going to post this as a new thread, but I am a tad shy about it all.

Our granddaughter has been staying with us over the school holidays and her Mum (my daughter) picked her up yesterday, I mentioned to her that I have been doing the 5:2 the last few months, and having success recently with the last few.

When she asked me what it was all about, and I tried to tell her, she nearly fell out of her tree with mortification and disgust that I miss breakfast when I tried to explain 5:2 and 16/8.

As I tried to explain it all, whilst she clearly didn't want to listen to me, I realized it just wasn't worth it, she had already made up her own mind in that very few short minutes, I dismissed the conversation, saying it works for me. She just was not impressed at all!!

Go figure!! No wonder the only person who knows about 5:2 and 16/8 is my husband and a couple of dear friends.

cheers Maggie :smile: :smile:
19 Jan 2014, 21:21
Oh dear Maggiee, I'm sure she'll come round when she's had a think about it. How funny though, it's usually mums telling daughters to have breakfast.

I often look for my phone (that is also a radio, tv, book, link with the outside world) when it is in my hand, I look for glasses when they are on my head and try to pull them down when they're not there. I can often be seen tipping my handbag out looking for my purse or phone, shouting 'it's gone' when it's in my hand/pocket, so I can well understand the black wallet thing. My family despair of me.
19 Jan 2014, 21:23
Calling by to say goodnight..cup of tea now and bed..will try to catch up on all your news tomorrow
Nighty night gang..so glad you're all here xx
image.jpg
image.jpg (28.33 KiB) Viewed 249 times
19 Jan 2014, 21:30
PennyForthem wrote: Heaven help us... how can a grown man lose a drill he's just been using?

It's easy!the number of times I've had to look for things that turn up half a foot from where they were last seen is unbelievable.
PS I accidentally hit the thumbs up button on your post and it turned down-I'm not doing a Dryathon and it is showing in my typing tonight!!!!!!!!!!!!!
19 Jan 2014, 21:32
Maggiee wrote: Hi Everybody

I was going to post this as a new thread, but I am a tad shy about it all.

Our granddaughter has been staying with us over the school holidays and her Mum (my daughter) picked her up yesterday, I mentioned to her that I have been doing the 5:2 the last few months, and having success recently with the last few.

When she asked me what it was all about, and I tried to tell her, she nearly fell out of her tree with mortification and disgust that I miss breakfast when I tried to explain 5:2 and 16/8.

As I tried to explain it all, whilst she clearly didn't want to listen to me, I realized it just wasn't worth it, she had already made up her own mind in that very few short minutes, I dismissed the conversation, saying it works for me. She just was not impressed at all!!

Go figure!! No wonder the only person who knows about 5:2 and 16/8 is my husband and a couple of dear friends.

cheers Maggie :smile: :smile:

Awww, hugs Maggie! don't feel bad about it as you are living proof that 5:2 works. I've given up trying to explain the way I eat to friends now as you just can't convince some people! :heart: :heart:
19 Jan 2014, 21:34
Maggiee, I'd let the subject slide, but when she says, 'Mum, you look a million dollars,' glow inside with pride!
19 Jan 2014, 21:38
Hey Penns i like your little poem!
Yes Maggiee as they say The proof of the pudding is in the eating..( tho in our case its the not eating)
Sometimes we have to accept that people don't understand what we're doing so we' ll just have to let the results do the talkin' for us xx
19 Jan 2014, 21:44
:shock: Another reply eaten up!!!!

:heart: @Maggiee There is still a lot of hostility towards fasting out there and your daughter has just picked up on this and obviously worried for you which as @Wendy Darling Says is usually the other way around and quite refreshing really worry not because you've plenty like minded "friends" on this forum to turn to which is the reason this forum is so successful because we are all here for each other and always will be :heart:
19 Jan 2014, 21:45
I agree, people find it odd when I say 'no thanks I'm fasting today', like I'm out of my tree. Only time before the men in white coats are sent for.
But when I say I've lost a stone and a half, gone from size 20 to 14 they are far more interested.
I would like to see less advertising of 'low fat products being the holy grail' and more about eat no sugar products, read the ingredients list.
19 Jan 2014, 22:56
Re the losing stuff. I quite sympathise with your hubby. I have lost a screwdriver just by turning around to talk to someone. I spent a half hour looking for it to find I had actually taken it into the bathroom when I went for a wee, and left it on the windowsill. Either that or the family are trying to make out I'm more batty than I really am *paranoia setting in here*.

I too get the shocked looks when I mention 5:2, but being able to say I've lost over 3 stone and my BP has dropped is its own billboard. If people looked permanently ill on 5:2 then there would be reason to worry. But I don't know anyone who doesn't look better for it. Yes there are days when I look rough, but lack of sleep or pain will do that to anyone, its not every day though. There are so many of us on here who are bouncing along with their lives, making a mockery of being tired because your dieting. Mucking out horses, walking dogs, decorating, chasing Grandchildren, and exercising. So many people exercising for the first time in years for many of us. You can't do fitbit and HIIT exercise programs or horse riding when you aren't getting the nutrients you need, so we must be getting what our bodies need.
19 Jan 2014, 23:07
Poor Maggiiee! She probably remembers you telling her she had to eat brekkie when she was young and is horrified that you are bucking the perceived wisdom! It is a threat to some peoples' comfort zones so just get on with it and she will see the difference. 'Starving' yourself, as some people see it, is scary for many!
At work I just say I'm fasting and let them get on with it!!
20 Jan 2014, 02:13
@Maggiee, I've tried explaining 5:2 to one of my sisters and she dismissed it immediatly because she "just can't not have something to eat every few hours" and the other sister still thinks that breakfast is the most important meal of the day! I eat breakfast everyday but sometimes it's just not in the morning. ;) I just keep accepting their compliments on how I've slimmed down and keep my mouth shut on how I've done it. :)
20 Jan 2014, 07:14
The only person that has said to me about breakfast being the most important meal was MIL last summer. We were staying there and the previous year brekkie was always consumed. Noticing coffee instead of breakfast, the Breakfast is the mostt important meal comment was made.
My reply of 'so says Mr Kellogs' sparked a rather interesting debate- all good natured- and nothing more was said.
I feel that some people will be open to new ideas, some people won't and we are the ones that get surprised by who falls into each camp! :)
Previous 1 ... 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95 ... 134 Next
2005 posts Page 92 of 134