The FastDay Forum

Non-diet Chat

2005 posts Page 2 of 134
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 134 Next
Re: Chatterbox Anwyl
17 Dec 2013, 09:56
Wendy Darling wrote: Eggplant pizza? That sounds good, could you share the recipe if possible please @melbmandy thanks

My pleasure - It's a great one for fast nights or otherwise (tonight's not a fast but my OH asked for them)

1 large eggplant, sliced into 1cm rounds or so
1 cup or so of pasta sauce
3/4 cup of grated cheese
salt, pepper, dried italian herbs (oregano, basil etc)
Spray oil

Lightly spray both sides of the rounds with olive oil and season. Bake uncovered in a 180C oven for 8-10 minutes, until lightly browned.

Cover each round in pasta sauce and a bit of cheese and bake uncovered again for about 12 minutes, or until the cheese is bubbling and melted.

Simple! That's the basic but you could always add other toppings, depending on what you like.
17 Dec 2013, 09:59
PennyForthem wrote: hello Mary Ann - what's the time with you? I would guess early evening.
indeed it is. I'm about to go home before staring at microscope images blinds me.

Good luck with your BP test!
17 Dec 2013, 10:01
There is a big advantage to getting up way too early. It gives you time to scrub the cooker and oven, top to bottom, before the animals and humans get in your way. So I now have one sparkling clean oven, cleaned with elbow grease instead of nasty, smelly chemicals, ready for the Christmas turkey.
17 Dec 2013, 10:07
And I've just done my fridge and steam cleaned the kitchen floor! Nice and clean.
Cooker next.
No chutney making this week for me, but need to make sure my bills are paid before the big day (not many, mainly my fruit/veg wholesaler).

@Azureblue what's up with your face?

Now, should I have another coffee, or should I start the cooker. Ho hum.... cooker, here I come.
17 Dec 2013, 10:09
Oh well done Penny but dont put your bp up too much before yr test..
And julie too with nice sparkling cooker!
17 Dec 2013, 10:11
Julie, feel like popping over and cleaning my oven too? I keep putting it off but it just makes it worse really!
17 Dec 2013, 10:13
I've gone and caught Azureblue's cold! Sore throat, runny nose and splitting headache. Bah!
17 Dec 2013, 10:15
Its taken 50 years, but I am now organised enough to pull my cooker out once a month and brush and mop behind it and the oven gets cleaned every 3 months or so. It does make it so much easier, plus you don't need much more than a metal scourer and washing up liquid. As said though, its taken years of looking into my oven in despair and leaving it another year to get this organised.
17 Dec 2013, 10:21
The top of my hand is all red now and it hurts so I'll have to stay quiet for today and take some arnica and ride with one hand :bugeyes:

No cleaning oven for me :wink:
17 Dec 2013, 10:51
I swear by Arnica, Manderley. Take care while you're out on the ride. Wish I could come with you.
17 Dec 2013, 10:58
I take it as homeopathic pills, 3 every hour until tonight. It's a miracle remedy, for me anyway. As I can't take any "traditional" painkillers as I am allergic to most of them, it's the only solution

Don't worry, I am super careful. I'll go on empty streets for 30 minutes, the weather is sunny, no wind, and the road are dry, it will be a breeze :cool:
17 Dec 2013, 11:10
Hello All. My new oven is self cleaning. I was sceptical but it was amazing, not a scrap of dirt or grease left. Day is nearly done here. Goodnight.
17 Dec 2013, 11:18
Off to see nursey. Wish me luck!
17 Dec 2013, 13:33
Good luck Penny :clover:

Ballerina x :heart:
17 Dec 2013, 13:35
Whoo hooo...... she's given me a clean bill of health, with BP 142/70 and a QRisk (cardiac risk assessment) of 10% which is good. She was also impressed with the weight loss.
All in all, feeling good!
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 134 Next
2005 posts Page 2 of 134