The FastDay Forum

Non-diet Chat

2005 posts Page 5 of 134
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 134 Next
Re: Chatterbox Anwyl
18 Dec 2013, 07:21
CandiceMarie wrote: Morning Karen! Tea up! Would offer you a bite of toast if it wasnt a fast day for you.
Have a fabarooney festive fast day x

Ah, that's better thank you. Well my day will be interesting today. I can't say much right now, but I have been offered a job and sitting here reading through the details. I wasn't expecting it and so now I have to think deeply. I have really enjoyed my time off this year but I do need to earn a living....... So I'm excited and daunted all at the same time......
18 Dec 2013, 07:43
@SianS, I always go to full editor and type the name, highlight it and click on tag above the smilies. If you are not sure that it worked then you can look at the preview.

Hahaa I missed out a page so this is a bit too late in the conversation :doh:
18 Dec 2013, 08:13
Morning earlybirds! Cold and wet here but at least I won't have to de-ice the car before setting off for the charity shop, then straight to the gym for a zumba toning class so that's my day sorted!
@rawkaren, congratulations on the job offer, I'm sure you'll make the right decision whatever you decide to do. Catch you all later! x :razz:
18 Dec 2013, 08:17
Morning all, sleepers, insomniacs et al. I slept ell last night
Job sounds exciting, Karen; sounds like it came to you, rather than you applying for it. They are the best kind!
Last Christmas card (I hope) to go out today. Yours are all 'in the post'!
No fast today as I'm out for lunch.
18 Dec 2013, 08:32
'Out for lunch' - did you mean that PFT?? :lol: :lol: :lol: enjoy anyway :victory:
18 Dec 2013, 08:41
I woke up at stupid o'clock this morning and couldn't get back to sleep so I started writing my Christmas cards. Not my favourite job as every year there is always someone who has passed away and several people who have moved house. I can't sit quietly and write them out, I have to keep jumping up to search for the new addresses or make phone calls to other members of the family to find out where they have moved to.

I also need to include short letters about the family news to people who we never see, the only time we communicate is through these exchanged letters each Christmas, that's the only thing I like about card writing. :smile:

My son and daughter have both moved house several times in the past few years so we get their Christmas mail sent to our address - for some reason all of my son's mail is sent here and he has never even lived in this house! At least I get to see him often when he collects it or I deliver it to him :grin:
18 Dec 2013, 09:15
[quote="rawkaren" I think everyone is getting their health jobs done before Christmas! /quote]..................................

@Rawkaren I know it was a typo but nevertheless I just loved the thought of us all running around getting our 'health jobs' done for Christmas. My health jobs are walking every day, cutting back a little more than usual on the carbs and calories and laughing as much as possible to exercise the old facial muscles and feel good, :grin: what are yours?

Ballerina x :heart:
18 Dec 2013, 09:21
Ballerina wrote: [quote="rawkaren" I think everyone is getting their health jobs done before Christmas! /quote]..................................

@Rawkaren I know it was a typo but nevertheless I just loved the thought of us all running around getting our 'health jobs' done for Christmas. My health jobs are walking every day, cutting back a little more than usual on the carbs and calories and laughing as much as possible to exercise the old facial muscles and feel good, :grin: what are yours?

Ballerina x :heart:[/quote][/quote]

Yes don't you hate the ipad?. I was answering the Christmas Quiz the other night for SD and one of my answers translated as male n** :shock: :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

My health job today is a good old fashioned fast and a long walk if I don't get blown away by this gale. :like:
18 Dec 2013, 09:22
I have been awake since 3.15am this morning - I am feeling rather fractious and I don't know why.

Needless to say tonight I am rather exhausted after going out to lunch today with some ex work colleagues and then home to do some Festive Baking.

Had the evening meal, now for some Milo, a good book and off to bed!

Catch you all tomorrow everybody. :smile:

cheers Maggie.
18 Dec 2013, 09:24
First nativity for grandson, dress rehearsal this morning that we shall attend at pre-school. They like a few folks there so tomorrow won't be too much of a shock of faces to them.
Wish my head would clear and my lungs :0(
Have a happy day one and all, three days to Winter Solstice, Severn days to Christmas :0)
18 Dec 2013, 09:28
:heart: Hi @Maggieeit must be the aftereffects of the wedding
so make it a bit of "now time" for yourself and enjoy your sleep
Just hope you aren't coming down with something before xmas, take care of yourself, speak soon :heart: Sue
18 Dec 2013, 09:30
@Manderley have to say your OH would do that for you because you are worth it you beautiful woman

Glad I got my health jobs all done in 2013 and got the all clear TMI to share or bore you with

Lovely news is DS is a science graduate. Clapped so much at his graduation today for him and :clap: many fellow graduates my hands are sore. My dear boy looked wonderful in his academic robe and mortarboard, sighs proud mum :grin:
18 Dec 2013, 09:34
:heart: :heart: Oh I know exactly how you're feeling@gillymary PROUD just doesn't cover it somehow :heart: glad you enjoyed the ceremony :heart: Sue
18 Dec 2013, 09:54
@gillymary, after a year I am just beginning to relax a bit and saying "it's really serious, for both of us". He had to take 1h30 train last night and the same early this morning (6:16AM) but it was worth it. We won't see each other before next year now but we'll keep in touch via email, phone etc, no worries :wink:

The macaroons will have to wait as I completely forgot they have to dry for a few hours before being cooked so it will be for next week. However I plan making a big gingerbread for Christmas breakfast :razz:
18 Dec 2013, 10:05
Yes very special day @Sue.Q

It is lovely to know you are so loved @Manderley it is wonderful you found each other
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 134 Next
2005 posts Page 5 of 134