The FastDay Forum

Non-diet Chat

2005 posts Page 3 of 134
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 134 Next
Re: Chatterbox Anwyl
17 Dec 2013, 13:42
Well done Penny. Must feel great to get that tick in the box. Glad she was pleased with your result. I had to go and pick up a prescription this morning. Busy time of year in the surgery and the pharmacy. I think everyone is getting their health jobs done before Christmas! And there seemed plenty of poorly people about too with the sniffels (but not of the Nigella type. Tee hee).
17 Dec 2013, 13:44
Good news Penny!

@Callyanna will you share a pic of your grandson as the Donkey, please? I bet he's adorable!
17 Dec 2013, 13:52
My son got an offer of a place at Cardiff Uni this morning, it has given him a boost as he is slogging through course-work during the first week of his hols. :smile:
17 Dec 2013, 13:56
That's great news Sian - what does he want to study?
17 Dec 2013, 16:08
Betsysgr8 wrote: Good news Penny!

@Callyanna will you share a pic of your grandson as the Donkey, please? I bet he's adorable!

Ditto well done to Penny on your results.
Update on my earlier news, DIL didn't pass her driving test but only failed because someone overtook her as she was parallel parking and that threw her but it was her first attempt so she's not too disappointed and has already got a date in Feb for a re-test.

@Betsygr8 would love to post a pic of my adorable grandson but am a bit wary as the headteacher did ask that no photos were posted in the public domain for child protection reasons, am sure you will understand. He did really well though, despite being full of a cold (and wiping his nose on his costume sleeve several times!). Not a dry eye in the house! :grin: :grin:
17 Dec 2013, 16:19
Hello all - I love this chatty post :)

Get well soon Caroline!

Brilliant nurse visit results - well done Penny,

Congratulations to your son, Sian - that's brilliant. My daughter is at the same stage.

Anyone offering to clean my oven?! No?! Oh well, will be done soon enough!

I have had a manic rushing around day and finally enjoying sitting down for a moment.
17 Dec 2013, 16:23
Gossip. Did you see that Manderley has weighed herself? Check it out. swoon....
17 Dec 2013, 16:48
Nope, Doodle, it's been enough to do mine and the fridge for the day. Oven is self cleaning, but I like to give the glass front a good seeing to with a brillo pad!
What with steam cleaning the kitchen floor as well, I've done enough for today.
Tomorrow it's the cupboard door fronts - I know how to live!

I'm off to see how Manderley has done.
17 Dec 2013, 17:20
Grrr! Ebay sellers sometimes get my goat. We are helping my daughter this Christmas with her flights, so couldn't get much in the way of presents for her. But a tip I was given is that pashmina's are a good stand by for women in Dubai as they can be used to cover the shoulders if you are wearing a strappy top at night, when going from a to b in a taxi etc. Or for throwing over the shoulders when you go from boiling hot to frigid air conditioned shopping malls.
So I bought a couple of second hand pashmina's for her and they have arrived. They are a pile of *bleep*. One has tassels missing, another is sun faded and the third has a rip in it. Yet another sellers arrived yesterday and they are lovely. Grrrr!.
17 Dec 2013, 17:54
Noooo! my cups are getting baggy. My bra cups that is. Not another lot of bra's to buy.
17 Dec 2013, 18:19
I am off for tonight. OH will arrive in 30 minutes, a surprise visit, and I am not even ready yet, nothing to wear.... Really.....

Good evening to all !
17 Dec 2013, 18:50
@Penny - wants to study Engineering and has an offer from Nottingham already, having a second offer is wonderful but means a decision will have to be made eventually

(sorry I still don't know how to do that @ thingy)
17 Dec 2013, 19:03
Love this thread - like to hear all your comings and goings.

Love the snow - by the way its about 80 degrees here in L.A. :sun: (approx. 26 centigrade) - went to Laguna Beach yesterday to see a beautiful sunset - but its supposed to get cold and rainy again before Christmas so don't get too jealous!!! :rain:
17 Dec 2013, 19:09
@Sian I could show you but then I'd have to kill you....
oops, no.
If I do it, it'll just revert to the @ sign, so bear with me, as I'm putting spaces in - leave those out when you do it

[ tag ]Sian[ / tag ] easy. Just no spaces.

Decisions are difficult things at that age, x
17 Dec 2013, 20:24
@PennyForthem Thank you! (I always wondered!!)

Now, the test is whether it works when I click submit....
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 134 Next
2005 posts Page 3 of 134