The FastDay Forum

Non-diet Chat

2005 posts Page 44 of 134
Previous 1 ... 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47 ... 134 Next
Re: Chatterbox Anwyl
03 Jan 2014, 06:52
ah Julie, poor lass. It's so hard putting loved ones on the plane. Does Nathan know where they will be staying yet staying yet?
Let me know if I can do anything.
On a completely different note, the New Year event I was doing had a magnificent cheese table. I just wanted to faceplant both of them but Beloved, sensing the body language of moi and the feel of the occasion put paid to that!
Anyway, slightly disappointed that the Stinking Bishop didn't appear - not tried it and was looking forward to it.
I digress...as garnish there were chutneys (not PFT's though), dried apricots, fresh dates, honeycomb and amazing walnuts. It is the walnuts that have my interest.
They were crisp as though they had maybe been taosted or baked and they were really savoury scrummy yummy. I hadn't encountered such delishiousness before and am on a mission to find out about them to copy. Dr Google isn't being very forthcoming, so...
anyone have any ideas, knowledge about such things?
03 Jan 2014, 06:56
janeg wrote: ah Julie, poor lass. It's so hard putting loved ones on the plane. Does Nathan know where they will be staying yet staying yet?
Let me know if I can do anything.
On a completely different note, the New Year event I was doing had a magnificent cheese table. I just wanted to faceplant both of them but Beloved, sensing the body language of moi and the feel of the occasion put paid to that!
Anyway, slightly disappointed that the Stinking Bishop didn't appear - not tried it and was looking forward to it.
I digress...as garnish there were chutneys (not PFT's though), dried apricots, fresh dates, honeycomb and amazing walnuts. It is the walnuts that have my interest.
They were crisp as though they had maybe been taosted or baked and they were really savoury scrummy yummy. I hadn't encountered such delishiousness before and am on a mission to find out about them to copy. Dr Google isn't being very forthcoming, so...
anyone have any ideas, knowledge about such things?

Do you think they might have been baked in oil and spices? If they were slightly sweet they may have had icing sugar mixed in too. I know it sounds an odd combo but it makes them very moreish.
03 Jan 2014, 07:03
could have been Karen...intruiged and wanting them again
03 Jan 2014, 07:45
Good day everybody ! :grin:

So, I take the night off and, when I come back, I have 4 pages to read on this thread alone ???????? :shock: I am impressed ! Didn't time to read it all yet but will do just after that :wink:

As I didn't find a proper bra yesterday, and as I can be the natural MacGyver's daughter sometimes, I sew my bra. The straps and the big part of it that I don't know the name for. It'll work until I receive the one I'll order today even if I hate buying clothes that way and, as I have no idea what my new size is, it could be a disaster
03 Jan 2014, 07:51
Morning M! Yes lots of activity on here last night, and also on the new insomnia thread, also started by Penny!

Re bras, to chuck in my half-penn'th (Penny are you listening? :lol: ) the place where I have got best fitting bras always says 'go a size smaller, and a cup bigger' ie, if you think you're a 38b, get a 36c ...

Let us know how you get on - this thread will be agog to know how you're doing! :clover: :cool: :wink:
03 Jan 2014, 08:08
janeg wrote: could have been Karen...intruiged and wanting them again

Grrr. it ate my post. Trying again. Morning all!@manderley hope you get new bras soon.......

Peter Gordon spiced mixed nuts for @janeg. Always gets a "Wow - what ARE these". This is from memory as I'm still away but you have the essentials here.

Nuts of your choice. I think I have given you enough mix here to coat about 500g
tspn each of cumin, smoked paprika, fennel seeds, kalonji (onion).
Fresh rosemary chopped small.
Salt and pepper
Cup of icing sugar
Olive oil.

Mix the spices into the sugar and add enough olive oil for a thickish - like whipping cream paste. Not too runny or the nuts end up too oily. Add the nuts and coat thoroughly.

Spread out on a baking tray, well spaced out and bake for 15 mins on about 180. Watch they don't burn as they turn easily!
03 Jan 2014, 08:09
Don't know what you were all watching last night but it sounded dreadful enough to keep you all awake. :bugeyes:
03 Jan 2014, 08:10
Silverdarling wrote: Now its uncontrolled anal oil seepage!!!!!!!!

You made me spit my coffee !!! :shock: :grin:

What was this show all about to make everybody talk about it so loud ? It sounds traumatizing....
03 Jan 2014, 08:12
Morning peeps!
yes, @Candicemarie it was rather naughty of me to say you have a long name, when mine is the same length

:grin:

It was a programme on Channel 5 (where else?) on 50 facts about fat - or sommat like that. I did record it, but not sure if I can face watching it now!

Accounts this morning, so if you hear a wailing and a gnashing of teethe, that's me!
03 Jan 2014, 08:24
Silverdarling wrote: Morning M! Yes lots of activity on here last night, and also on the new insomnia thread, also started by Penny!

Re bras, to chuck in my half-penn'th (Penny are you listening? :lol: ) the place where I have got best fitting bras always says 'go a size smaller, and a cup bigger' ie, if you think you're a 38b, get a 36c ...

Let us know how you get on - this thread will be agog to know how you're doing! :clover: :cool: :wink:

So it should make me a 32G ? That sounds like hot-air balloons :rotfl:

Up to the insomniacs tent now, back in a flash :wink:
03 Jan 2014, 08:30
sounds yummy @rawkaren and more flavours than the ones I had. However, in the spirit of scientific research, I will give them a go.Filthy job but someone has to do it... ;)
03 Jan 2014, 08:31
how do you do the tagging thing? My nacmac doesn't have a hashtag thingy?
03 Jan 2014, 08:34
you go in "post reply" (or "full editor" when you are in the quick reply area, hit the tag button on the top right and type the name (or copy/paste it :wink:
03 Jan 2014, 08:35
@manderley
like that?
thanks much
:like:
looks like it worked :D
03 Jan 2014, 08:38
Well done ! :victory:
On the page 2 of the insomniacs tent, really gripping reading
And yes, I am reading several things at a time, a complete multitasking woman :grin:
Previous 1 ... 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47 ... 134 Next
2005 posts Page 44 of 134